Conrad Johnson--does anyone use this brand anymore?

Does anyone have any opinions re Conrad Johnson Phono Pre amps?   
Versus other brands?

I currently have TEASE2---but need step up transformer for cartridge.

Thoughts---?

bluesnbike1954
@normansizemore  Not disparaging cj in anyway but I had a premiere 11a for a while and did not like the amp at all. It also turned me off the 6550 tube for life. So not "everyone" loves cj. In fairness I've not auditioned any current cj gear in my own system.
jond,

I am surprised to hear that, maybe something was amiss with your sample?  I have always liked the way their products are 'voiced'.  I find them more to the sweet/rich side which I enjoy.  Even their lower end solid state amps of the late 80's early 90's sounded pretty good. 
Personally I thought the Premiere 5 mono blocks were superb.  Wonderful balance and not bass heavy like my  KSA 50 or the ML2's I once had.

N.
@jafant   

"No doubt that Pass Labs is the best solid-state gear at this juncture"

The Best?  I don't doubt that Pass Labs is excellent SS gear...but
The best day of my audiophile life was when I received my MF 2500A.Worst day was having to sell it,,,,,,Bad Mistake!!!
     My system has not sounded as good since .Have not heard their phono preamps. I will one day buy another CJ power amp ! 

@normansizemore my amp was working fine just not my cup of tea. It sounded more like SS than tubes to me missing some of the organics of tubes. But I don't doubt their newer stuff sounds much better.