2017 ‘Keeper’ speakers under - $25K

Heading towards the second half of 2017, I thought to ask here what other’s feel based on their experiences, wants or desires, exactly which recent production speakers under $25K, would be the ones you would want to marry.

Or be in a very long term fundamentally though not totally committed, relationship.

One wherein if they promise to satisfy on demand, you promise to keep them clean and sufficiently supplied with power and the purest of signals, not to leave dirty clothes on the floor, and to take the trash out daily, er, uh, regularly.

Actually, those last two items are predominately conscience driven and do not command perfect adherence.

Which speakers hands down just flat out captivated your attention, fancy, or were so compelling they made a significant impact.

In short, Speakers that have taken your breath away .

As speakers are merely one part of the ching let’s qualify things somewhat.

1. Speakers which can run very well in medium sized rooms. EX. 14 to 18ft wide, and 17 to 25ft long or deep, with ceilings from 8.5ft to 10ft H, or so.

2. If a sub was or should have been added, please, mention that as well.

3. If an Ultra high end setup, massive SS power amps, Tubes, or flea watt amps, were feeding and or driving them noting it would be appropriate.

4. Recent production since 2015. New or used.

Although it seems prudent to list only current production speakers, I know adding on the facet of pre-owned adds a lot more choices for the ‘desert island’ I got mine, you get your’s, scenario, but what the hey. It beats that 250 to 500 plus hours of run in new units usually insist upon.

If links to accounts or info on them is available, please include it.

As this is about options anyhow, let no design be excluded.

blindjim
Inna >, you have to decide in advance if you would be willing to deal with tube and hybrid amps
…. listening to high end systems on youtube is an interesting activity

Blindjim > I’m good with tubes, and or hybrid amps. Which ones for which speakers is at issue. More than likely, a PP tube amp or amps. Size unknown.

On the youtube front, so far, I like the Nola Grand metros with the VAC power amp and Statement preamp. I forget the $7K CDP brand they used.

Boisehomes > Aerial acoustics 20T; Egglestonworks Andra II or III

Blindjim > interesting fare. Thanks.

joey_v > BW 802D3 is me.

Blindjim > it was ‘me’ too for a long time… till I saw it wasn’t.

2psyop > Let me take the low road…. too much of a value to let go.

Blindjim > understood. I have a pair of 1970s era Phase Technologies PC 6.5s two ways, I bought from a friend for $25. Had the good fortune to have them dcompletely refurbished by PT including shipping for < $200. Unless lightening strikes them they’ll stay.
A larger pair of ’96 full range FS could be next if PT says they will do them too.

good and ctsooner > A great speaker, especially at these prices, should do it all

blindjim > well said. Bravo. We’ll see.
I’m actually thinking of getting a fundamentally right sounding pr of more modest priced ones first, IF the quest begins to become extended.
Triton’s keep coming to mind. Despite some personal concerns.

Hondo > Harbeth 40.2 if you want to listen to music and not to speakers. They are special.

Blindjim > thanks much. They do require IMO more of a commitment given specs and as stand mounts. Their price demands one be quite in love with them too or it’s a pretty big price for an audition.

Keithr > I went through this exercise last year - Devore Gibbon X’s

Blindjim > these would resolve a few things for me.

Why the X’s and not the Orangs or ? Devores?

Theothergreg > KEF Reference 5s got my vote and money.

Blindjim > congratulations.

pokey77 > Sabrina’s are amazing

blindjim > ??.... in how large a room? Is a $40K plus SS amp really necessary too?

How are these better than the Sophias, or just different?

Not much chance seeing a pair pre-owned any time soon. Local options here don’t make me very optimistic either.

In my present room I think they would or could work quite well, but I’m planning on moving too. If possible, into a larger better space so the weather isn’t as much a concern. Bigger listening .room too by a smidgin’.

One of the esteemed member listenes to JM Labs Grand Utopia with top of the line Allnic electronics and Purist Audio cables. Perhaps on a smaller scale you would like that sound as well.
Many opinions. Many options. My only comment is that at your price point, you should be able to audition any pair of speakers in your own room. 
Blindjim- I auditioned both at length and prefer the more "modern" sound of the Gibbon Xs vs the Orangutans. Particularly in the bass, which I feel is a bit loose on the Os for my tastes in music. I also do not like SET amplification, so the extra efficient isn't necessary. 
A set of good tubes and horn speakers is bliss. 
Not sure I could have only one set of lifetime speakers. I listen to a lot of jazz and it's accompanying trio of music and I've found something as simple and non pretentious as Klipsch Bell's BREATH jazz effortlessly on low volume to mid low volume. I know their limits and within their confines they make beautiful music.
Going this route you'd have extra to spend elsewhere. 
Anyway, I'd have to have a set of horns in one room then cones in another. Best of both worlds variety is spice of life and all that.
Best to you sir in your search!