Schiit Mani - Sent in for repair, no response. Looking for rec's on a replacement preamp

Hi Everybody - first time posting here.  I've run into a serious issue with Schiit.  My Mani ran into a hardware issue (dead left channel).  I mailed it to Schiit on July 3rd, they received it on the 10th and emailed me confirming they had received it and would get back to me in a few days, but to no avail.  I've emailed them a couple of times and just called their number and no response.  I'm getting the feeling I'll never receive my Mani back at this point and I'm not sure if I have any legal remedy to get them to respond (at this point, I don't understand why they didn't just send me a replacement unit). 

So I started looking for a replacement phono preamp.  I have a VPI Prime mounted with a Nagaoka MP-110. Budget is set at 500ish. Any recommendations that will wipe the floor with that piece of schiit?

Thanks in advance,

George 

gloco
Thanks for the responses again guys.  I've been googling the rec's posted here and I'm eyeing the budgie.  I love tubes, I previously owned a MG Head OTL tube headphone amp and it sounded glorious with my sennheiser HD580's.  I'll probably go for it soon ;-) and report back.  No word from Schiit - I can understand going on a vacation, but it's been a month since I shipped it out.  At this point, I don't expect to ever see my mani returned to me...and if it is, I'm selling it.
Check out Graham Slee and the Pro-jet tube box.  The Jolida JD9 has been around a while and is quite popular.  You can find it used under 500
If you’re spending under $500, I’d advise you to avoid tubes. It’s pretty difficult to build a quiet tube phono stage in that price range, whereas it’s pretty simple to build a solid state one.

Here’s a Dynavector P75 for $400 that is a great phono stage (for the price). Lots of settings and can do both MM and MC (which gives you more options for any future upgrades).
I almost forgot I started out with a P75 and Benz Glider L2 10 years ago. It was indeed very nice! I think I paid not much more than $400 used for mine back then; later Mk2 versions should be worth more. I later moved to a Benz PP-1, slightly better, but with that one you'll need to supply your own loading plugs for most MC carts.