Tekton Double Impact & Comb Filtering

Like many of you, I have been pondering purchasing these speakers but am very curious about the unusual tweeter array. I asked the smartest speaker person that I know (he is a student of Sean Olive) about the design and below is what he had to say.   

"In theory it could work, but the driver spacing means that the crossover point would need to be very low.
He is using the SB acoustics tweeter which is 72mm in diameter, center to center on the outside opposing drivers is around 5.7 inches, which is about 2400Hz. This means that combing would stop between 1/4 to 1/2 of the wavelength (between 1200-600Hz) is where the outside tweeters should start playing nice with each other.
Since he is not using low enough crossover points he has created a comb filtering monster. Now while it's not the great point source that was promised, it's no worse than most line arrays and the combing will average itself out given enough listening distance.

The MTM spacing on the other hand is ridiculous. Hopefully he is cutting the top end off on one of those midrange drivers to avoid combing."

seanheis1
Taking a chance on my DI's worked out really good in my favor,I threw away boxes and packing at the end of the first week.

I realize 3k is 3k but what about the other chance I took with 8k in buying the Linear tube audio gear that I pair with my DI's.

What about the 9k I have invested in 3 Dac's that I own taking the chance again.

I have no dealers in my state other than HT gear and I have no interest in most of those products.

This is why I greatly appreciate these threads and other sites as a starting point to gain valuable info from actual users,It's priceless IMO.

I greatly respect these threads and I always try my best to give solid advice which I can backup from actually listening and or owning a product and I can generally backup what I hear with actual in room measurements and experience.I always try to do best in real information and not speculation.

I know the DI speaker quite well,
I have upgraded every part in the crossovers except the coil on the woofers.

I know every crossover point from testing and confirming the points with the crossover design.

I have upgraded all 4 10 inch woofers to a better match for me.

I will only publish on any thread,a certain amount of info related to any products specs or measurements and this is out of Respect for the designers and builders of the products.

Kenny.
I get your perspective and makes a lot of sense. Clearly both the speaker design and business model go against your preferences and buying patterns. Perhaps this thread isn't for you?
Mission, we disagree. I am very happy you have had good fortune buying and selling. Be thankful. For the record, you don’t have near the experience as I and many others selling gear. Just look at our feedback. The current market is slow, very slow, and chances are very strong you will not make money on your buying and selling today. Perhaps you are an Audiogon sage of sorts with better selling skills then us common Aphiles. Perhaps a little luck on your few transactions also played a role. 
grannyring,

+1 on everything you have said in your previous post.

The current audio market is very slow and is generally a buyers market not a sellers.

I watch certain categories of components on audiogon like a hawk and really good stuff at decent used prices aren't selling.I see this pattern on a daily basis and I'm sure you do as well.

Kenny.