VPI 2nd Pivot for 3D

I just installed mine and discovering my old records anew.  I thought I knew everything there was to know on the original pressing of Fleetwood Mac's Rumers......but no - there's more.  You immediately hear a more solid bass, but then the dynamics hit hard.  It sounds like my amp is on steroids.  More cleanliness, - everything is better.  Very highly recommended.
128x128stringreen
I didn't care much about the wobbly unipivot. For me the improvement of the 2nd pivot is mostly sonic - in imaging and dynamics - and also the fact that you can easily adjust the azimuth without altering the VTF.  
On a note of clarification when I mentioned the effect might be worse for line contact I was of course referring to the listening experience not the "wobble" effect ;) :)

If it is wobbling then spherical or elliptical might notice it less ;)
Dear @stringreen : """ the stability problem is eliminated. """

well, that’s what we think but: is it true?

The cartridge stylus tip is below a " tremendous " task where are generated hard and huge forces when ridding the LP recorded grooves.
Those forces come generated with almost at random directions/vectors that are transmited by the cantilever to the cartridge suspension to the cartridge motor and to the cartridge body and from here to the headshell/arm wand and tonearm bearing.

Those movements/vibrations are not a tiny ones but huge ones to generates unstabilities at the tonearm bearing where a unipivot can’t handle with aplomb and where that kind of unstabilities genrates colorations/distortions to the audio signal. This happens in a way down way with fixed bearing tonearm designs.

Take a look to these links on what the at each single groove where stylus cartridge tip has to " figth " and where each single groove is and has different path.
Additional to all those all the LPs comes with micro and macroscopics warps and all LPs are not dead centered mading the whole unstability subject more critical:

http://www.synthgear.com/2014/audio-gear/record-grooves-electron-microscope

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=lp+grooves&tbm=isch&imgil=ktDEnuPAQUb1yM%253A%253BeuEapQR8NyxSFM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.openculture.com%25252F2015%25252F06%25252Fa-stop-motion-of-a-needle-riding-through-lp-record-grooves.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=ktDEnuPAQUb1yM%253A%252CeuEapQR8NyxSFM%252C_&usg=__Z4r0L19_k_EmY-GbwrRGAmPGugA%3D&biw=1366&bih=676&ved=0ahUKEwiZyteszZ3VAhXBJCYKHUFNCRoQyjcIMQ&ei=z6RzWdmmOcHJmAHBmqXQAQ#imgrc=ktDEnuPAQUb1yM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuCdsyCWmt8

As always I’m not talking here if we like what we are hearing through unipivots or dislike, this is not the issue but to stay nearer to the recording that means we need to stay with distortions ( of every kind. ) at minimum and unipivots can’t help to achieve that main target.

I owned and own unipivots but as I posted I just do not likes because all those.

Can I be wrong?, just tell me. As I said, cartridge needs must be fulfilled by the tonearm design characteristics where bearing and damping make a paramount differences on the quality level of system overall performance. For me unipivots are out of the " equation ".

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

Raul....very few people on these sites are wrong or right.....Does one prefer Mozart to Beethoven?  All designs have something that can be pointed to with ridicule.  I've had many arms - (lets see if I remember some of them)...Grado Labs, ESL, SME V, Ortofon, Helius, Rega ..and so it goes.  They've all resided in systems that have changed as has the sound (my ears as well)....however, I have never been as satisfied with a tonearm as I have been with VPI. Should you want to hear mine, if you are ever in Arizona, let me know we can have a listen and some wine.
The cartridge stylus tip is below a " tremendous " task where are generated hard and huge forces when ridding the LP recorded grooves...
Those movements/vibrations are not a tiny ones but huge ones to generates unstabilities at the tonearm bearing where a unipivot can’t handle with aplomb...I’m not talking here if we like what we are hearing through unipivots or dislike, this is not the issue but to stay nearer to the recording that means we need to stay with distortions ( of every kind. ) at minimum and unipivots can’t help to achieve that main target...Can I be wrong?, just tell me.

Yes Raul you are very very wrong and again your flair for the dramatic and extreme are used to support your pronouncements of "fact" and wisdom. In fact the forces involved in LP playback are not "huge" ones at all but teeny tiny forces that are typically in the approximate range of fractions of a gram and it is for that reason that the entire rest of your summation here is as usual for you completely mistaken although you state it with such conviction and presumed authority that it may appear to be reasonable to he casual and uncritical reader and of course if Raul is consistent with his recent behaviors he will now respond by attacking the messenger with taunts and vindictive but frankly this matters not one tiny whit to me.