Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I'm disappointed there hasn't been more ink spilled over JM Reynauds. I've had a pair of Arpeggiones for nearly 6 years. I go to T.H.E show in Newport Beach each year to listen to some exotic setups and I've never felt the itch to upgrade these speakers which only cost me 700. If anything I'll be trading up the JMR line, but everything that is said about the musicality, warmth, live-ness, and timing of these speakers I feel are true.

By the way, these speakers are paired to an amp that I will keep for life as well, my trust old Audiomat Arpege Reference integrated. 'Til the day I die.
Scott, I would have to agree with you about the Triton Ones. They really do play any genre with aplomb. Try playing some Opeth off the well recorded Ghost Reveries album on a lot of Audiophile speakers and they will fall on their ass. I don't need to limit my music selection anymore. Don't know if I will keep them for life but for the foreseeable future. They can be delicate or a real visceral experience.
Living in a New York apartment, the idea of trading into and out of speakers has not appealed to me...too much lifting, too much hassle,not enough time. About 2 1/2 years ago, I started looking for speakers to replace my Sehring S703s through all the dealers I could find in the NY/NJ area. The only speaker I heard that really blew my socks off as a major step up from Sehring was the Kaiser Kawero Classic. However, it is a really big speaker made for really big rooms, so would not work for me.

I ended up finding the distributor for Ascendo and went to hear the C8 Renaissance at Audio 202 in New Jersey. They sounded very good, but I saw in the corner of the showroom a tall, narrow speaker, the Behold Tanara. The dealer set them up for me. They were as good as the Kaisers but smaller and less pricey. They are driven by a Behold G192 integrated amp/DAC. I got a good deal on the speakers and amp, sold all my separates, so that the upgrade only cost about $10K. For the last 18 months, my setup has been awe inspiring to me and anyone who has visited to listen. These are my last speakers. For anyone in the New York who likes Coincident, Acoustic Zen, or some of the other usual candidates, go listen to a Behold system. They are either massively underappreciated, or I have a fetish for German speakers.
Having lived in Deutschland several decades I can testify than when the Germans get something right ,they get it REALLY right.
And vice-versa.
In having purchased and gone through more speakers than I can and care to remember, here's a few that captured the heart.

Infintiy: Infinitesimals, Qa, Qe
Dynauido: Where do I start, all that I have an heard.
VMPS: RM40
ADS: 710, 810

Not to say that these are the best or worst, just a few of my favorites.