Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Riz1965,
You would probably get more responses by starting a separate thread.
Quad 57 ESL
First heard these when I was 17, back in 1971 or so. I've owned a pair built about then since 1986, rebuilt a couple of years ago by Wayne Piquet. Don't go very deep, don't play very loud, but wonderfully transparent and holographic. I will never part with them.
Vandersteen 2C's (any incarnation).....

I will change my amps, front-end components and cables, before changing these.

I swear on them!!!!

--Charles--
Hi O_holter my I was interested in the audiokineses LCS Dreammakers likw what you have I have been listening to a pair of Green Mountain Audio EOS HX bookshelf speakers time aligned and phase coherent. Is room size a big contributing factor for the Dreammakers? My music is a mix of jazz vocals sometimes a little rock but not much.
Any inputs are deeply appreciated.

Pankaj
M3.7i for me and the CAD 120S MkII with Psvane KT88; 6SN7: TJFM, Sylvania JAN CHS; Vcap CuFT upgrades connected to SLP-98P with 6SN&: TJFM, Sylvania JAN CHS. Best synergy and sound ever compared to the dynamic SF speakers in the 2nd listening room.