Power cables and sharp dimensional imaging on a budget, Zu Audio and Furutech or Oyaide

Hi, I would like to create a sound that is highly realistic in the sense of 3d imaging and proportion, but on a budget. Unfortunately I cannot spend the amount of money it requires to buy a Purist Audio Design cable yet to reach that level of refinement.

I am searching for what @bo1972 has mentioned in earlier discussions:

• 3-Dimensional soundstage with proportional imaging (not oversized)
• A sharp individual focus of instruments and voices;
• Blacks;
• Resolution;
• Deep bass;
• Air;
• Articulation of voices

Right now I have a Silverline Clearer Audio powercord, but still feel some things are missing.

I have tried the Zu Event powercables MKI and like their technology for stereophonic realism.

Would an Oyaide F1 IEC help in this respect compared to a Furutech FI28 G or R?

Are gold or rhodium plugs better for 3d and sharp proportional imaging?

128x128richardhk
Cables might contribute to these qualities but in my view these things all come first from the right electronics. Putting nice hubcaps on an Impala won’t make it a Corvette.
"...,jaybe
187 posts
07-19-2017 1:34pm
Cables might contribute to these qualities but in my view these things all come first from the right electronics. Putting nice hubcaps on an Impala won’t make it a Corvette...."

+1..... nailed it...point, set, and match....full stop.

What about the "right speakers"? In reality don’t you need the right marriage of electronics AND speakers to realize those audio qualities??? Electronics alone ain’t gonna get it if the speakers are crap or just not a good match for the electronics. And the reverse is true as well. How can there be any discussion of power cords or power cord components without knowing about the rest of the system (including sources and cabling!) Finally, as with most cable discussions, won’t this ultimately come down to YMMV and only in-home-audition can say what works with your gear? (Barring the unlikely prospect of someone having the exact same set up and room, of course.)