garrard 301 and its' restorations

i was looking at a recent  you tube video of a restored garrard 301 in action. the platter motions while playing an lp were  very "wobbly" and bouncy ,like it was tracking a warped record or a spring in the suspension was "detuned"  is  this an optical illusion or is this normal to the idlers ?. i've never seen this on a vpi ,acoustic signature ,technics 1200 direct drive , kronos ultra high end etc .

theoriginalthor1
The Garrard 301, and 401, have no suspension. The platter sits atop a spindle that is around 5-6" long, in a substantial bearing well, and bronze bushings. This bearing well is affixed solidly to the chassis. I can't imagine a scenario in which a platter/spindle would be so unstable. The spindle/bearing on my 40+ year old Garrard 401 is still functioning as well as it did when new. It has to be caused by something else, as mentioned, a warped record or such.

Regards,
Dan

maybe post the specific video so we can relate better to your comments.

i owned a Dobbin's Plinth'd and refurbed Garrard 301 that as i recall was dead solid steady appearing to the naked eye. but with a 50+ year old turntable anything is possible.

You really need to post a link if you want to receive any on point responses.
I've seen this before on YouTube a while ago. Warped record not helped by the weight on the disk.

I have three idler drive tables. Garrard, EMT, and Dual.  The platters all run true with out wobble.  If you're thinking of getting an idler driven table, I recommend them.. Mine are used often (the Dual every day) without issues or problems.

N