2017 Honest Cabling that doesn’t promote bankruptcy

Looking for experiences and recs for current mid to upper mid level cabling solutions

I’m talking about ICs and Speaker cables that do not require plans for high jacking an armored car with a couple gallons of chloroform and a helicopter with a really big magnet?

Neither is it a matter of seeking out an ‘all system’ same brand and model loom, though it could be.

In Your opinion and or experience which signal cables (or mix of) have proven themselves recently to enable a revealing system to maintain or demonstrate its integrity, truth and musicality on its best level?

Or, in other words, With which current line of wires or ‘cables’ would you feel very confident using to connect your upscale stereo outfit in 2017?

New, or pre-owned?

… and why, please?
Thanks so very much. j
blindjim
Some unsolicited hype: Received my latest Morrow cables taking advantage of a recent promotion where along with whatever discount was offered on the cables I ordered (a balanced MA "1.1" IC…using 4 runs of their teeny solid core silver coated copper wire), they tossed in a free MA1, which is the same "el cheapo" cable I recently bought to check out the stuff (I have several AQ solid core wires so I'm a solid core fan to the core). The quality of construction including the Neutrik plugs on the balanced cable is amazing, and that cable sounds great even before the 10,000 hour break-in process which might have something to do with it being a balanced line (heh)...for 2 cables the cost including shipping wound up at around 100 bucks. The MA1 basic RCA cable I first bought has broken in completely and is among the best sounding ICs I've heard…the only thing wrong with it is that it's too inexpensive for respect from some, and my answer to that is how my system responds to the cable…very, very well. Go Morrow!
wolf,

I recently helped a friend with selection of his first hi-end system and he chose Morrow IC’s. As you say, well constructed and finished cables and they sounded very good to me.

He even uses the stock fuses - I know you would like him. ;)

Dave

Deep apologies to all. Been busy with Drs and life in general.

Blindjim > Toddverrone > thanks much. DIY is pretty much off my table. I’d have no one to yell at if I did not like ‘em.

4425 > AQ Niagara ICs

Blindjim > something massive must have happened in the past five years with AQ. Back then, their popularity was slim, and slimmer.

Milpai > You have so many cable on hand. Why not get the Clear Day cables and give them a shot? As of now have you shortlisted the final 3?

Blind… > perhaps I will. Short list: Morrow; Cardas: Nordost: Shunyata: HT; Crystal.

hifiman5 > clear day trial period.

Blind… > that’s helpful and actually a near ‘must’ with wires

Facten > Silnote Audio ICs, Clear Day Cable SCs, Audio Art Cable PCs

Blind… > I’m hoping there is significant disparity amonst those choices. I’ve got some AA ICs and must say they are a ‘value’ oriented cable. Not near middle or upper end performance. HT , or second system use IMO.

tom_hankins > Look no further than Signalcable.com or the musicdirect.com Audioquest Colorado or Columbia close out deals. All very good.

Blind… > AQ again. Its becoming

hifiman5 > If they still have them, go for the Colorado. Much better bass impact. I tried both!

Blind.. > its official now, AQ has to be on my list.

hifiman5 > My entire system is interconnected with Colorados. Nice.

Blind… > Cool.

Lostnamerica > I am going to side with nonoise referring to the Zu Audio cable. Best wishes

Blind… > thanks

Rotaries > when you need clarity without harshness - Mogami wire 2549, 2534, 2528, etc Wireworld ICs would be a couple of notches higher in SQ than a similarly priced Audioquest cable IMO. I also think Signal Cable is great value for money and leaves little to be desired.

Blind… > huge thanks. Very helpful.

Dlcockrum > active shielding….

Blind… > great post. With SR there is no doubt a better level of performance with active cabling. Unquestionably.
FWIW, on the other side of the same coin, there are cables without active shielding that perform incredibly well too.
Given the option I’d choose NOT to have more crap to plug into the wall.

wolf_garcia > morrow…

blind…. > excellent.

Savdllc > do your research. AQ is our default.

Blind… check!! Many thanks David. Really.

wolf_garcia > more on morrow

blindjim > lol. I saved your post.

Looks like I’m being forced to at least try the AQ offerings.

I’d like to know, what or which source to preamp ICs deliver the pin point imaging and honest revalation the MIT Magnum ICs provide, but without the bleaching of the tones?

I’ve heard in limited application, the Valhalla (not the v2)but I’m not sold on that level of investment to performance ratio at the moment. I also s thoughd ig that level PC, but again, the cost astounds me.

One specific cable I’m very curious about is the new to me, “Clear” from Cardas, and its iterations.

On the previous Cardas neutral Reference IC as main ICs, I loved the performance to cost relationship, though it did not do too well on the lower registers IMHO.

are the Cardas CLEAR line and the previous Cardas NEUTRAL REF at all similar?
One can’t help wondering if a company like Morrow controls the manufacturing process of their cables to the extent that the wire grain structure is correctly oriented in the finished product. Or do they say screw it.