Intigrated Amp Dilemma

A little background:

I am currently using a Parasound Halo Integrated amp driving a pair of Golden Ear Triton 2 speakers. I noticed when getting the volume up to a really good level, the amp strains a bit and the sound gets thin.  I am talking at most 93-95db but usually I listen at less than 87db.

Very shortly, I will be moving my Golden Ear Triton 1 speakers into the system where the Triton 2 speakers resides as I am taking delivery of the new GE References in a week or two. I do not think the bigger Triton 1 speakers will be a great match with the Parasound integrated, I will probably sell the Triton 2 speakers.

I am thinking of buying a better sounding integrated with a bit more power and more reserve power. I would need 3 line inputs (single ended) and a built in dac. I am NOT interested in any Class D amps. I want to keep it around 5-6K new Can I be pointed in the right direction please?

Thank you!

128x128stereo5

@213runnin

How would you know unless you heard my system, and I do not ever remember inviting you over for a listen? I have been in the high end hobby for over 45 years, I think I can correctly assess my system better than someone who perhaps heard it in their dreams.

Thin to me means sounding congested in the upper registers and the music loses some of its body.

It sounds like the OP already has an in-depth knowledge and experience in the audio gear so I'm not sure exactly what type of input he's looking for. That said, if it were me, I would not necessarily look for more wattage as most (other experts) have pointed out. I would either look for an integrated that can double the power as the impedance is halved, e.g., Ayre, Pass, etc., or the MA7900-like unit I'd mentioned earlier with autoformers. Hope this helps.
Well Stereo5, as long as the volume level you’ve described is accurate at 93-95 decibles, and as long as your speakers are working correctly, then it’s simple math. You may have been in the hobby for 45 years, but if you can’t understand the basic concept that I laid out, then you have more to learn.

Your speakers will produce 91 decibels at one meter distance with one watt. It’s just simple science. So depending on how many meters back from the speakers you sit, and how you measured the volume level of 93-95 decibels(or were you guessing?), the Parasound amp is putting out 2-8 watts or so per channel. It’s not straining, believe me.

What is possible is that you don’t like the sound of either the Parasound amp, or the speakers, or the result of the combination of the two. But that amp is not straining.

You mentioned having another system, perhaps you could pair your Triton 2 speakers to that amp, and see if you prefer that sound, if you haven’t already. If you like it better than the Parasound, then buy the other brand.

There is nothing wrong with the speakers, I already put the speakers in my main system and they sound fine. 
Sounds partially like a synergy problem to me. You seem to prefer the Rogue sound in your Reference system over the Paradigm sound in your office system. But I also assume your source and such in your office system are not as competent as your main system.