2017 Honest Cabling that doesn’t promote bankruptcy

Looking for experiences and recs for current mid to upper mid level cabling solutions

I’m talking about ICs and Speaker cables that do not require plans for high jacking an armored car with a couple gallons of chloroform and a helicopter with a really big magnet?

Neither is it a matter of seeking out an ‘all system’ same brand and model loom, though it could be.

In Your opinion and or experience which signal cables (or mix of) have proven themselves recently to enable a revealing system to maintain or demonstrate its integrity, truth and musicality on its best level?

Or, in other words, With which current line of wires or ‘cables’ would you feel very confident using to connect your upscale stereo outfit in 2017?

New, or pre-owned?

… and why, please?
Thanks so very much. j
blindjim
I've recently been smitten by Morrow cables as they seem to provide a neutral path for those pesky electrons, and have brought some sparkle to the gear heap. I ordered more of them recently, so I'll report back in a couple of months when they're properly settled in. I like to do the "break-in" myself so I can verify the changes…I remember a specific moment over a 7 minute period that I noticed a .0047% increase in soundstage width, but it was a metric increase and I barely had time get it translated  to inches before I had to return to my nap.

cycles2 > SR will continually introduce new technologies & tell us why it's so much better than last year's model they raved about.

Blindjim > that seems a constant among all the makers of audio gear despite the fat their position on their latest SOTA gear is the best yet.

It’s the law. They have to.

Too bad some items in audioland are so ‘mercurial’. Especially cabling.

Pops > more or less, I’m fully on board with your idea.
I am currently using a loom of Kubala-Sosna Fascination, IC’s, SC and PC’s. They are a very solid match to my system which includes Thiel speakers. I have had them about 3 years and have craved to upgrade to the Emotion level. And there I go again - trying to get into 4 figure cables again. Since I retired recently they are just a little pricey for me
I seem to remember you had MIT’s for a while. I have owned and tried a ton of those...
have you tried KS cables. Full bodied with nice tonal balance -

Blindjim > thanks all so far.
I’ll try this again. As my last reply did not get posted.

RE MIT cables IMO work well here or there but not front to back. They ‘bleached’ the sound when too many were in the chain.

RE KS cables. Full bodied with nice tonal balance –
They also demand fat wads of cash. Its highly doubtful I’ll land in KS world anytime soon.

There are only a few ultra high end wires which I believe I’ll try, once the spkrs and amp (s) land here. I’m also inclined to see what happens when one brand is inserted throughout, albeit, maybe not the exact same model, or maybe even then.

I simply despise the prospect of spending $10K or more and likely a bunch more, on freakin’ ICs and spkr wires!!

I do indeed get the notion cables matter. More than a little. But, If there is insanity in this hobby, it is spending multiple thousands on cables. Especially, if its just on one link in the chain!!!!! Wow.

That said, I still have enough PCs for example, which totaled well into the thousands in MSRPs and roughly half that in real costs. Yet, the outlay was/is substantial… and OMG, going forward it will be once again. .

My recommendation is to simply do your research and choose cables that are well-reviewed by reputable sources and fit within your budget. I own an A/V integration company in Atlanta, GA and typically use AudioQuest in most of our projects and have always had great results, and while there are certainly other options out there that are just as good, the balance of cost/performance has made that our go-to brand. PM me if you'd like specific recommendations within your target budget and I'll put together some options for you.

-David
Some unsolicited hype: Received my latest Morrow cables taking advantage of a recent promotion where along with whatever discount was offered on the cables I ordered (a balanced MA "1.1" IC…using 4 runs of their teeny solid core silver coated copper wire), they tossed in a free MA1, which is the same "el cheapo" cable I recently bought to check out the stuff (I have several AQ solid core wires so I'm a solid core fan to the core). The quality of construction including the Neutrik plugs on the balanced cable is amazing, and that cable sounds great even before the 10,000 hour break-in process which might have something to do with it being a balanced line (heh)...for 2 cables the cost including shipping wound up at around 100 bucks. The MA1 basic RCA cable I first bought has broken in completely and is among the best sounding ICs I've heard…the only thing wrong with it is that it's too inexpensive for respect from some, and my answer to that is how my system responds to the cable…very, very well. Go Morrow!
wolf,

I recently helped a friend with selection of his first hi-end system and he chose Morrow IC’s. As you say, well constructed and finished cables and they sounded very good to me.

He even uses the stock fuses - I know you would like him. ;)

Dave