Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli

Audioman58 7-3-2017
I have heard the double impacts Loud and Dynamic but at a whisper low level detail is not that good and very room dependant in Bass.
The new Martin Logan Masterpiece series the 11A Impression
I just bought after over a month of listening and research
This new series is a land Mark product that puts many speakers 2x the cost To shame .24bit DSP- Bass and Panel runs full range from 300hz
On up. If you have not heard them then you have nothing educated share.
Actually, there are at least a couple of educated things that can be shared by those who haven’t heard them.

One is that their specified sensitivity of 91 db/2.83 volts/1 meter, which for their 4 ohm nominal impedance corresponds to 88 db/1 watt/1 meter, combined with the fact that their impedance descends to 0.6 ohms at 20 kHz, would result in their being vastly less versatile than the DI in terms of amplifier selection.

Another thing that can be shared is that they have a list price of $10K, obviously far more than the price of the DI.

In any event, good luck with your new speakers.

Regards,
-- Al

I agree with what uou say where i msy love a 3d sound stage, and fast tight  Bass
You may enjoy a slower deep image and a rounder Bass.
I am just Writtung for one guy in particular was saying Wilson grand slams ,
And Big Magico speakers are not as good as the Double impact.
I have heard all 3 the double impact have several strengths but is not 
In this elite company just impossible for one their drivers are night and day more 
Accurste,as well as the crossover 20x higher quality. Which is the heart of any 
LOUDDPEAKER EXCEPT  single driver speakers are powered stats the Xover, 
Ends at the mid bass 300hz.  The Double impact are a great buy I will give that.
Refined and detail champs they are not.  If Eric truly wants to prove his Speaker 
Give them to Sterrophile John A will test and measure them .That is a True test.
@charles1dad and @grannyring

Thank you for your perspectives and thoughtful engagement on the topics previously discussed above. Singling both of you out since you don’t own the Double Impacts and yet contribute in such meaningful ways.

@almarg

Thank you for the technical and substance based contributions to this thread. I’m always learning from your posts.

And @ALLOFYOU!!! in the thread...

I’m grateful for all that is shared and discussed, and yes, even from those that offer other alternatives or points of disagreement.

I believe Bullitt is on the right track in wanting to focus his energy on his most recent purchase. As he stated Klaus offered the suggestion to experience all the changes the amp will offer throughout the break in period.
Along with that ride as Grannyring points out, much can be fine tuned with tweaks, and an almost endless assortment of sound altering options to enhance personal performance.

This hobby even with components of great value still comes at a sizable financial investment (at least in my world it does). He should be allowed the latitude to fully explore the possibilities of his new purchase.

LP
audioman58

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or trolling us? LOL

My general take on the Martin Logan (nice guy btw), is there's a coherence issue endemic in speakers trying mate woofers with panel speakers of whatever ilk.