Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Good to remember that tube amps are not practical for all and impossible for some. For mixed HT and 2 channel use they are not practical. Can't imagine watching TV and movies with $1500 300b tubes😁

My Benchmark DAC2 has a HT Bypass, but I don't need it.  I use XLR outs to send the signal to my Dynaudio Powered Monitors for Movies/TV, and the provided single-ended outputs are going to my Art Audio Diavolo SET which is turned off when the TV is on.  If I cared about multichannel (I did up until age 25, but haven't cared since) I would use the HT Bypass feature.   

I most always have music on in my home. I bet my system runs at least 8 hours daily. Some days much more. Sure, often as background, but I am not going to use a tube amp day after day with this kind of daily use.

My system is controlled by a smart outlet that is activated by Google Home which also sets a 3 hour timer on the tube amp to power it off.  I must tell it to turn on at least 3-4 times a day! I work from home a lot.  My tubes are $850-$1200 a pair, but I would likely not use the $1200 pair of Elrogs except for special occasions and run my Emission Labs 300BXLS at 8w instead of their higher wattage rating most of the time which would effectively double or triple the tubes longevity because it's loafing.  

Some have small children and do not have the luxury of a dedicated /set aside music room with a door keeping those hot tubes away from children.

No children have been harmed in my pursuit and lust for tubes and SET amps. Knock on wood! :-P

Lastly, I have found SET amps shine on certain kinds of music with jazz being one. So the type of music one listens to also plays a role IMHO and based on my experience.

I agree that certain SETs are limited to some degree by certain genres, but not all SETs fall into that category.  My Diavolo amplifier plays at 8wpc or  ~15wpc depending on the power transformer windings I use and where I set my autobias circuit to in milliamps which is dependant on the tube I am using. I play very loud house music (presently), deep house music, classic rock, jazz, blues, bluegrass, opera, classical...as long as it's not rap pretty much anything goes.  Having a great sounding dynamic speaker as efficient as the DIs affords me the latitude to play whatever I want now with no compromises in volume or quality on any source material, but I'll admit on lesser efficient speakers I've owned in the past there had been previous occasions where things would compress at high volume and soft clip on certain complicated passages more prevalent in certain genres.

Let's not forget we listen to systems, complete systems. The resulting sound is not a matter of amps alone and the right SS amp as part of a well thought out system and tweaks can certainly deliver on the sound adjectives used for SET amps in this thread. I have tweaked my current rig with wire, capacitors, gear, tweaks etc... to the point that I no longer miss my tube amps and SET amps. It can be done as today's technology and gear is making it a real possibility. It's a great big audio world out there with near endless total system possibilities. No single person can possibly have exhausted and experienced all that can be making definitive statements on the best Impossible. We all must find our own way and settle in on the sound we think is wonderful. Once we have done this remember that where we land is based on finite and biased preferences.

I'll let you know if I ever hear one, but I've yet to hear it in 17years.   Years ago when I began this pursuit I auditioned a dozen or so SS amp available to me at my old high end store that I worked at for around a decade in CA, and we only had one SET amp in the store to audition.  After 2 months of borrowing equipment, I only missed the SET amp.  I bought the store demo for 50% off retail and the owner was glad to unload it because he thought SET lovers are all kit builders and won't pay profit. (not entirely untrue)  I do agree we all hear things through a bias.  Much like my amplifier, I must have a personal auto-bias circuit towards SET amps and their magic.

As long as you're happy with the sound that's all that matters in the end. 

All...
One of the best threads on Agon ever!

Always respect charles1dad, grannyring comments plus jcarcopo,Teajay, Kdude66, many others...bottom line what jcarcopo said, "As long as you're happy with the sound that's all that matters in the end." Trust your own ears. Best to all, mikirob 

Audioman58 7-3-2017
I have heard the double impacts Loud and Dynamic but at a whisper low level detail is not that good and very room dependant in Bass.
The new Martin Logan Masterpiece series the 11A Impression
I just bought after over a month of listening and research
This new series is a land Mark product that puts many speakers 2x the cost To shame .24bit DSP- Bass and Panel runs full range from 300hz
On up. If you have not heard them then you have nothing educated share.
Actually, there are at least a couple of educated things that can be shared by those who haven’t heard them.

One is that their specified sensitivity of 91 db/2.83 volts/1 meter, which for their 4 ohm nominal impedance corresponds to 88 db/1 watt/1 meter, combined with the fact that their impedance descends to 0.6 ohms at 20 kHz, would result in their being vastly less versatile than the DI in terms of amplifier selection.

Another thing that can be shared is that they have a list price of $10K, obviously far more than the price of the DI.

In any event, good luck with your new speakers.

Regards,
-- Al

I agree with what uou say where i msy love a 3d sound stage, and fast tight  Bass
You may enjoy a slower deep image and a rounder Bass.
I am just Writtung for one guy in particular was saying Wilson grand slams ,
And Big Magico speakers are not as good as the Double impact.
I have heard all 3 the double impact have several strengths but is not 
In this elite company just impossible for one their drivers are night and day more 
Accurste,as well as the crossover 20x higher quality. Which is the heart of any 
LOUDDPEAKER EXCEPT  single driver speakers are powered stats the Xover, 
Ends at the mid bass 300hz.  The Double impact are a great buy I will give that.
Refined and detail champs they are not.  If Eric truly wants to prove his Speaker 
Give them to Sterrophile John A will test and measure them .That is a True test.
@charles1dad and @grannyring

Thank you for your perspectives and thoughtful engagement on the topics previously discussed above. Singling both of you out since you don’t own the Double Impacts and yet contribute in such meaningful ways.

@almarg

Thank you for the technical and substance based contributions to this thread. I’m always learning from your posts.

And @ALLOFYOU!!! in the thread...

I’m grateful for all that is shared and discussed, and yes, even from those that offer other alternatives or points of disagreement.