Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Mac,

I can relate to all you have said,and the direction you are going to get a quality dht set amp,that will give you what you are looking for in spades.Now the hard part begins finding the one for you amongst all the very good choices and also that meet your budget.

Yes the MZ2 is very good on it's own driving my DI's for about 85% of the music I listen too,but for full orchestra and the occasional classic rock played loud definitely needs a little more headroom.

I like mullard 12at7's from the 50's and 1940's slyvania vt231's the best so far for me,the 1940's tung sol round plates would be my 2nd pick.You definitely can't go wrong with the wonderful nos tubes that's for sure.I did also try new production tung sol and Sophia 6sn7's that I have used in other preamps with fair to good results but they both sounded terrible in the MZ2.They both were noisy and the tone shifted to the cool side which I did'nt like at all.

I'm going to use my MZ2 by itself for a wk or 2 and then pair it with a couple of amps and see which I like best.

Best,

Kenny.
Kenny,

youre totally correct regarding the limitations of the MZ. I rarely listen to classic rock and when I do I do so on my SS system. 

Im with you on using great NOS tubes with the MZ. I'm currently using the TungSol round plates and 40's Mullard 12AT7's and have a pair of 40's Sylvania 12SN7's on the way. Im loving my current sound and if the Sylvania's improve it further......better yet!
The longer this thread goes, the more unworthy I feel to own the DIs with my crummy signal path and lousy taste in music. My 28 year old daughter was here all weekend and continues to enjoy the DIs. We enjoyed a few hours listening and I'm pretty sure the closest to Classical or Jazz we got was "Yes". Fun to have the family enjoy your hobby with you.
Bullitt you are one lucky dude...you got a 'Yes' from  a woman and not one but two. Celebrate! : )