Mixing rca interconnect cables

Hi everybody,

I will be upgrading my interconnects in the near future. I want to buy three Audioquest Water interconnects for the front left, centre and front right speakers. I want to know if I buy say Audioquest Yukon interconnects for the surrounds would I be compromising the sound at all by using different lines of interconnects? Water has DBS and Yukon does not. My dealer says that it wont make a difference cause they are the surround speakers. Does anyone have this type of setup where you use higher quality interconnects for the fronts and a lesser quality for the surrounds but being the same brand of cable? Thanks in advance all. Appreciate the feedback.

2007audioman
2007audioman
@jl35 - yes but its a bookshelf speaker with the same design concept. Tweeter on the top of the cabinet.
@2007audioman - I have listened to several DVD's and the well produced ones, like "Hotel Califonia" sound really good. But from a details perspective, they pale in comparison to my 2-channel system.

I feel more "real life" from 2 channel - whereas I find many DVD's  appear to be "engineered".

My a/v experience was prior to SACD and DVD-A, so my opinion could change hearing those on a good multi-channel system

Also, I think it's just a matter of an individual's hearing - e.g. I cannot focus on a conversation in a crowded room. so for me, surround systems tend to sound muddled - 2 channel allows me to focus on the details.

Regards - Steve

Odd that a dealer won't loan cables knowing you will buy the pair you like best...contact Cable Company...
@jl35 - I can try and ask him but I am going to be getting XLR cables for this upgrade. Thats really all I can do on my end. I am hoping he can accomodate as I have established a solid relationship with them and purchased all my gear with them.

@williewonka - Thanks for your response. I enjoy the Pink Floyd Dark side of the Moon SACD. Also Doors- LA Woman DVD-A, Metalica- Black album- DVD-A as they have some really excellent surround pans from front to back. My hearing is ok for now and I can hear the small details in the music and movies. Appreciate you sharing your experiences williewonka.