Golden ear triton 1 vs tekton double impact speakers

With so much positive information about both do you have a preference? Have you heard both?
tooth2th
Charles,

We both probably have seen some crazy stuff in this hobby,passion of ours.

Kenny.
I have auditioned the Titan 1s at length and then decided to take a chance on the Tekton Double Impacts.   The Titans sounded very nice but the DIs are in a different league.  I have not heard the Reference GEs but I can't imagine them sounding better than the DIs.   They are also much more expensive.  I have owned several high end speakers from the likes of Dunluvy and Avantgarde....they do not compare to the DIs.  I STRONGLY recommend you call Eric at Tekton and try the DIs for 30 days...you will NOT return them. Cheers
@tekton

With a user name of "tekton", only 5 posts to your credit, and given that you are unable to even understand the correct name of "Triton" and not "Titan", no doubt you would recommend Tekton.

Here is what one dealer I know had to say about the Tekton Double Impacts.

"This Tekton designer is stating obvious facts that are known by all loudspeaker designers, that is why multi way speakers are around. The smaller midranges and tweeters are lower in mass and handle the upper harmonics of instruments. His stating that a guitar producing a 41hz note is only being reproduced by a subwoofer with a 200-300 gram cone is totally false, the upper harmonics of that guitar note are being reproduced by the midrange and tweeter which are much lower in mass and able to reproduce the harmonics. He also doesn’t state what his speaker does that is different to try and diminish the mass of the drivers, they look pretty typical to me. I think this is pretty much snake oil."

Great that you auditioned and are now "taking a chance". Best of luck.

gdhal.........

I agree with you 100%.  I feel he is shilling for Tekton.  I tried a pair of their Pendragons 2 years ago at my home was very unimpressed.  I kept asking where is the bass?

I think you and I are 5-6 weeks away to our GE References.  I was told they will be arriving  to the US warehouse by July 10th, then off to the various dealers.  I've been waiting since February 15th and am getting very antsy. I hope they are as easy to dial in as the Triton 1 were.

@gdhal/@stereo5 ,
Your experiences are your own and hence I respect that. But I am looking at the Tekton Double Impact thread that is growing and also read the professional review @Hometheaterreview.com. Looks like the DIs replaced some $20k loudspeakers that the reviewers had.
I am thinking that maybe the DIs are a complete different ball game than the Tektons that you auditioned?