8K for a one-time listen?

As someone who can appreciate the potential value of $20K speaker wires in an appropriate system, this is over the top, even for me.  Devialet is issuing recordings on actual lacquer for $7900, but the kicker is - they can only be listened to ONCE.  And the lacquer wears away.  All I can say is - Actually, I have nothing to say.  
Here it is in case you wish to indulge. 
https://store.devialet.com/us_en/les-laques/

chayro
PT Barnum would be proud. 

So how is this something that is so special. From the video it appears that these are not original DD recordings but taken from a recorded copy. Are they actually trying to say that this is the ultimate transfer medium. This is just stupid silly. No, this is close to criminal. 
I don't know what the music is but for $8k you could hire a decent 2nd class string quartet, a hall and invite your friends as they did in the old days. Probably enough to have a reception afterwards. That would be a night to remember.
If i told you what i really thought, even about someone who thougt $20k speaker wires reflected sanity, a moderator would HAVE to delete it STAT! just sayin.
What *IS* the point of being a billionaire oligarch, drug lord, 3rd world dictator or president of the United States if you can't have things nobody else can?  You play that record as you open that 1873 Rothschild Pinot while entertaining the Sultan of Oman.