Anyone using a Mytek Brooklyn or Manhattan (I or II) DAC as a preamplifier?

Anyone have any experience with the Mytek DAC's preamp direct to a power amplifier? Any good? Great? 

I'm considering going with a Mytek Brooklyn direct to either a McIntosh MC275, Pass Labs XA60.8m or X250.8, or Parasound JC-1. I'd need to stick with this setup for a year until sufficient funds are available for a preamp, so want to make sure it's enjoyable and a marked step-up from my current Rega Brio + Parasound zDac combination.

Thanks!Ken
keoliphant
I too own a Mytek Brooklyn and it's really a spectacular unit.  Throw in the fact the MSRP is $2k and it's a steal.  Even the firmware that I updated yesterday went off without a hitch.  It's a very powerful unit which sounds great both through a pre or direct (how I use it).  I have a Sotm sMS-200 connected to it as well.  
I would have bought one of these if it could connect to an integrated amp preamp input.  
I don't understand why more quality DACs don't allow the option of connection to a preamp or integrated amp.  
I tried my Mytek Brooklyn through a Bryston 14b sst2 and thought it sounded ok.  I preferred it through the preamp.  The imaging and tone quality seem better.
I go straight into my Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks and love it. I will consider the Manhattan II when it's available.