Anyone using a Mytek Brooklyn or Manhattan (I or II) DAC as a preamplifier?

Anyone have any experience with the Mytek DAC's preamp direct to a power amplifier? Any good? Great? 

I'm considering going with a Mytek Brooklyn direct to either a McIntosh MC275, Pass Labs XA60.8m or X250.8, or Parasound JC-1. I'd need to stick with this setup for a year until sufficient funds are available for a preamp, so want to make sure it's enjoyable and a marked step-up from my current Rega Brio + Parasound zDac combination.

Thanks!Ken
keoliphant
I tried my Mytek Brooklyn through a Bryston 14b sst2 and thought it sounded ok.  I preferred it through the preamp.  The imaging and tone quality seem better.
I go straight into my Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks and love it. I will consider the Manhattan II when it's available.  
I'm thinking of ditching my Peachtree Nova Pre in favor of a Brooklyn. How "touchy" is the Mytek volume control? The Nova pre is very touchy. One small hit on remote, the volume really jumps
Do the Mytek DAC’s that support ROON require connectivity to a PC or a MAC computer?

What devices, if any, are available that support streaming using ROON and do not need computer access?