Can I Live With A Hardwood Floor?

Hi All,
I could certainly use some advice on this matter. I have Quad 2905 ESL's in my attic and my attic has hardwood floors. I recently moved into this residence never having experienced hardwood floors previously. My speakers are on cones and isolated with Herbie's titanium gliders. I've been able to position the speakers so that they are given enough room to operate effectively but those hardwood floors are brutal at times. My thought leads me to the only obvious solution, 12 feet by 12 feet carpeting. Are there more cost effective ways of approaching this?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks as always!
goofyfoot
schubert, I'm using Herbie's Titanium Gliders. They are working better over a thick wool blanket than on the hardwood floor.
george hifi, I might try placing pieces of rubber mat under the feet. The rubber is made from recycled tires but that doesn't matter since I'm using titanium decoupler's.  
Hear ya goofy, I'm using mine on a thick wool rug over concrete, no synthetics allowed!
Was better over concrete alone too .
f. schubert, yes the gliders make for a vast improvement but it can't stop there. I'm in desperate need of an additional  line conditioner not to mention a proper rug, some acoustic foam along the walls and several more Akiko tweaks. It seems like once I add a tweak, then something else needs to be addressed. 
As for line conditioners, Akiko makes one called a Corelli which I would choose first however I've yet to see one on the used market so possibly a used Richard Gray until I'm more gainfully employed. The Corellio with power cord runs about 2,000.00 euro.
Just my thoughts.... For Echo slap an easy way to treat is corners at celings. I used to use room tunes triangles , but I’m now looking for larger coverage.

i used to have quad 63’s and had them on hardwood floors with no issues.

Now I’m using Tad cr-1’s on hard wood floors over concrete. I don’t use the supplied spikes on the TAD stands.

I do use real traps along rear wall and first reflection point in a 28x30 room with 15’ ceilings.

I recently tried large 3" latex foam from a queen mattress (each one is half the width of mattress ) on floor in front of speaker.

i was expecting a benefit but didn’t really hear one. Perhaps it’s the controlled dispersion of the TAD’s.