Parasound Halo Integrated vs Yamaha AS2100

I'm looking at buying a new amp and I have a line to get either of these amps at a large discount from retail. I will be pairing them with Martin Logan Motion 40 tower speakers and the main music source will be vinyl. Looking for feedback or info to help me make a decision. Also and welcome to better suited options of integrated amps in the under 3k range. 

Thanks

chippy323
That's a tough call, they will be different sounding.  The Yamaha house sound is somewhat more forward/bright than Parasound.  I'm not sure what the characteristics of your speakers are, but they are 4 ohms speakers which is not an easy load.  But since the sensitivity is 92db, they'll get really loud quickly with the volume knob.  

You say you will use mostly vinyl, and both units can apparently handle both MM and MC phono inputs.  The Parasound may go louder with its higher wattage ratings, but that may not be an issue, depending on how big your listening space is.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either amp.  For some reason I'm leaning towards the Yamaha, but I can't say why...
New Yamaha's are great and built like a tank .
If economy tanks, which it will , which company will still be here ?
My listening space is a fairly large room and I do not plan to incorporate a subwoofer at this time so I need to get some good low end out of them, which the parasound output power would produce I believe but the Yamaha has a decent amount of power as well. I have a MM cartridge turntable at the moment. MC is definitely something I plan to upgrade to in the future tho. I am having a hard time making a decision which way to go. And I'm gonna be able to get into either unit for the same money.  Tough decision 
The Parasound has a nice DAC built in.

Haven't heard it but I am a big fan of the Halo amps in general. Powerful, grain, glare and noise free.

Best,

E
" The Yamaha house sound is somewhat more forward/bright than Parasound. "

Though this may be the case with some Yamaha of the not so far past, my understanding with these newer Yamaha integrateds(A-S1100, A-S2100, A-S3000) with mosfet transistors, lean more toward the "warmer" side of neutral than the bipolar integrateds(A-S1000, A-S2000).  I have my A-S1000 paired up with Klipsch Reference with titanium tweeters and though a bit forward, not edgy or bright.

" For some reason I'm leaning towards the Yamaha, but I can't say why... "

Maybe because it is a beast and those meters sure look cool.

Bill