Parasound Halo Integrated vs Yamaha AS2100

I'm looking at buying a new amp and I have a line to get either of these amps at a large discount from retail. I will be pairing them with Martin Logan Motion 40 tower speakers and the main music source will be vinyl. Looking for feedback or info to help me make a decision. Also and welcome to better suited options of integrated amps in the under 3k range. 

Thanks

chippy323

Showing 5 responses by chippy323

My listening space is a fairly large room and I do not plan to incorporate a subwoofer at this time so I need to get some good low end out of them, which the parasound output power would produce I believe but the Yamaha has a decent amount of power as well. I have a MM cartridge turntable at the moment. MC is definitely something I plan to upgrade to in the future tho. I am having a hard time making a decision which way to go. And I'm gonna be able to get into either unit for the same money.  Tough decision 
As general rule I've always thought the heavier the amp The better. And the wattage on them at 4 ohms are fairly close. The Yamaha look is pretty retro and inviting. I like the built in DAC on the parasound. I do listen to some digital audio so that has been a reason for my liking the parasound. But there is just something about the Yamaha that makes me think it might be the better choice. The warmth aspect for the vinyl definitely makes me lean towards the Yamaha. Not that I've made my mind up on the ML Motion 40 I'd like for what I get to be a good pair for them if I decide to go that direction on the speakers. Also like paradigm monitor series and monitor audio bronze or silver series. So many good choices out there. Overwhelming at times. 
It doesn't have digital inputs for streaming devices etc for when not using vinyl. 
I listen to mainly classic rock to newer alternative rock and blues style music. Love acoustic style music and prefer for a very clear and precise sounds. Want the sound to be warm and inviting.