Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Geeze Geoff, 
"let us know when your hearing improves"
That one is so overused.  What's next, are you going to tell me my system is not resolving enough to display the life-changing sonic improvements that occur when one's fuses are oriented in the proper direction?  
Hey, isn't it about time for SR to debut a new colored fuse?
How about an iridescent, rainbow colored "Unicorn" fuse that, when installed by a breast-bearing virgin, will magically heal whatever ails your system and, when oriented with the horn pointed in the direction of photon travel, will never blow.....wait, "never blow" ok scratch that idea.  If SR wants to actually join the Unicorn Club, a lot of their fuses are going to have to blow. 

On a more serious note, has anyone here heard the Acme Audio Labs Silver Ceramic Fuse? You can purchase it  Cryogenically Treated with "Special Sauce" for $16 each, or $12 sans sauce.  Any opinions about this el-cheapo priced almost-audiophile fuse?  Is it at least 1/10 as good sounding as the SR Black, since it is 1/10 the price?
A cap guy here on AudioGon uses the Acme Labs and told me he likes them alot. Me, Myself and I use N52 magnets not fuses that are also Cryogenically Treated 2 times because I am a creature of excess. Tom
Just checked out their site and noticed a claim that some products with no inrush protection tends to blow ceramic fuses and to try the cheaper product first. Could that account for some here experiencing blown fuses and having to go up a notch in rating?

Anyway, at the price, it's worth a try for those in doubt. Also, one can contact any of the dealers listed and see what their take is on it.

All the best,
Nonoise
I have 2 Acme Audio wall outlets, also silver plated, here now but don’t use them as I’m independent of house AC. I also had one of their silver plated fuse holders way back when. Super Duper! Say, wasn’t Acme Audio Bob Crump’s company along with TG Audio? I’m pretty sure I got my first two Acme wall outlets from him back in 2000, they’re most likely still at my previous abode. The name Acme of course comes from the company the coyote in Roadrunner cartoons would send away to for all those cool contraptions like rocket powered skates and so forth.
Post removed