Jeff Rowland to what?

I currently own a Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier. I'm curious as to what amplifiers I should listen to below 20K, new or used. I'm not unhappy, but I'm curious. The amp will be driving Monitor Audio PL500 II's. The preamp is a Jeff Rowland Corus.

ricred1

I just read my post. That last bit was a general comment. It kind of looks like it was directed towards you, but its not.
sfall,

It looks like your comparing older Jeff Rowland amps to newer Ayre amps. I respect everyone's opinion, so if to your ears the Ayre makes the Rowland amps sound broke, that's fine.
I've been doing the audiophile thing for over 20 years. I've listened to Ayre several times driving Wilson Audio Sasha 1s and Rockport Aviors. Let just say, I'll keep my current Rowland 625 S2 over any Ayre that I heard, which includes their mono-amps.
I've never been about price being an indication of better, but more about what my ears prefer in a given price range. 

ricred1,

As one of the few on here that have actually heard your gear(and thanks again for that) there are a few amps that I would love to hear with your speakers.   
I agree on Pass....   I know they are heaters, but I personally think they would sound really nice with your PL500s;especially that wonderful midrange.   Next would be the D'agostino--never heard one but from the descriptions of their sound, I bet they would sound great; plus they look cool.   Last would be one of the higher end Burmesters-A very smooth sound.
At the end of the day your current Rowland gear is extremely good.   Happy hunting!
I was responding to 4425's quote.

" I've listened to Ayre several times driving Wilson Audio Sasha 1s and Rockport Aviors. Let just say, I'll keep my current Rowland 625 S2 over any Ayre that I heard, which includes their mono-amps."

And that makes sense. I would sooner use Rowland on those speakers as well. They need need an amp like that. In fact, given your description of what you are looking for, I wouldn't recommend Ayre. If you read my other post, you can see that.

" sfall,
I love the Rowland sound. I’m just curious if there is something out there that will improve on what I have. Yes, I like a non-fatiguing, laid back sound that still provides detail. "

BAT or CJ "
just reading all these posts....the bottom line is that You have to be satisfied. All components have their own special flavors. ...and too how these boxes integrate with each other. I’m a pro violinist, and am astounded how different my violin sounds in different halls...indeed in different rooms in my house. The truth, is there is no truth. ,,,even if you could handle it :)

you might be interested in how the Rowland and Ayre customer service is provided.....in my experience they are both exceptional ( as is Vandersteen)