Any news about new DD/DTS upgrade on HDDVD?

Wondering if anyone's heard anything regarding potential release of new pre's or even receivers that will be able to handle/decode the new "propossed" higher rez DD/DTS material to be supposedly released on the new HD DVD/Blue-ray discs?
flrnlamb
It depends on the quality of the player and the processor as to which one is best at decoding the signal.
Actually analog outputs wont work. The internal ability to decode Hi Rez multi channel audio is clearly not present in any of the introduced soon to be introduced players.

This has been discussed in detail within the past two weeks.

Essentially, because HDMI 1.3 doesnt exist anywhere yet on devices there are major compatibility issues at eaxch step- DVD player, Receiver, and display.
Rysa is correct...I bought a Toshiba hd dvd player...and the audio via coax or analog is down 8-10 db and sounds very undynamic with weak bass.
SD DVD sounds far better...and the only way to get good audio from the Toshiba...is via an hdmi receiver/pre/pro.

Also...your processor or receiver will read this DD+ as DTS audio , which is not even on the disc.

What a mess...because if I were to run out and buy an hdmi reciever...it would be outdated in a few months buy hdmi 1.3.

Expect massive returns on these Toshiba players if theres not a fix quickly.
WHAT A BUNCH OF BONE HEADS!!!!!!!....lol. Amazing. Gread and more gread seems to be one of the root cause to a lot of this. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaatever. Yeah, I don't doubt you'll see the new players lag in sales greatly for the next couple of years.
My only comment is that the Hi Def DVDs being released are supposed to have Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 also as options and they should sound the same as SD dvd soundtracks.

I have never had a complaint about the quality of current DVD soundtracks and really find them pretty enjoyable.

I look forward to the day/year etc when HDMI 1.3 connects/chipsets are present on all devices,,,...until then I am just gonnan hang out a bit and enjoy what I have...