Transfiguration Proteus

Anyone heard or own the new Transfiguration Proteus cart? I've read where it s the replacement for the Orpheus in the new Transfiguration line.
philb7777
On the original post, i have a Proteus up and running and its a lovely thing for sure. Compared to my old orpheus it adds a whole load more speed, bite, articulation, slam and dynamics. The treble seems more extended, more real with greater air and the leading edge of bass in particular is much better with just better timing and speed all round. The proteus still has the Orpheus's wonderful unforced sense of naturallness and its still a refined and highly musical non-ostentatious sound, but the soft round politeness has gone and you just feel a fair bit closer to the music, the real thing.

I'm late to this discussion.  I picked up a lightly used Proteus and found the active vs transformer opinions aren't so clear cut.

I’ve now had a chance to listen to the Proteus with several configurations. It’s pretty sensitive to the amplification load. My reference is:

Ortofon Anna – Nagra VPS 100 ohm load, XFRMR/TUBE/SS stages

1. Nagra VPS – 100 ohm load, XFRMR/TUBE/SS stages, 60dB gain – Not a good match. Enough gain but a thick bass quality and lack of dynamics is the overall impression.
  2. Levinson 32 Balanced Phono input – anything greater than 50 ohm load, 60dB gain – Better match. Bass becomes better defined but still lacking in overall dynamics.
  3. Ortofon ST90 balanced transformer 24dB gain (from Japan) into Levinson 32 Balanced Phono input 47K load, 40dB gain – Much better match. Bass tightens up, and lots of dynamics. This translates to about a 187 ohm load as seen by the Proteus.

I’m diggin’ it.

I am digging mine as well, best load for me is 75 ohms with an Allnic H3000, Basis TT and Vector 4 tonearm.

Can get Proteus from England for $4300 or less.  I have had it for about 4 months set up on a VPI Scoutmaster TT  JMW-9 Signature tonearm and Parasound JC3+ preamp.  I go to a lot of live classical music concerts and it's the closest to the real thing I've heard.