Losing Touch

You know sometimes I feel that I have lost touch with why I have been into audio/music since the 70's. I have been sitting at my computer this morning doing a bunch of nothing when I opened up Tidal and started cruising the "Masters" listings. I have The Cars "Candy-O" playing right now through my Audioengine 5+ and sub. Damn what fun. Do I have it playing too loud? Yup. The MUSIC is wonderful. The quality is great. Isn't this what it is all about? Getting into it fully. "Candy-O I need you so." Had to share. Have a good listen. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xjfd11
Well, I've been audiophile for about 50 years now. I'm 'losing touch' with a lot of music I've listened to at various points along the way. As a Christian my interest in music follows along the lines that if Christ was there in the listening room with me, would He and I feel comfortable with what was coming through the speakers. On this basis, I'm probably more interested and find the hobby more fulfilling than at any other time in my past. It makes all the difference in feeling affirmed and blessed. It provides a fundamental reason for desiring a system to be excellent as it is dedicated to pleasing the King.  
One can't help wondering if He can hear through the tape hiss and pops and clicks on LPs.

Brauser: I'm not going to be snarky. We all have our reasons... I will respect yours if you don't preach it to me. (I'm a Christian, but I try not to proselytize to strangers). Freedom = both the freedom *of* religion and the freedom *from* religion if you choose, in America.

That said, good music and hi-fi is a blessing, secular or otherwise. A gift, a pleasure, and a wonderful pastime. Cheers.