Has anyone considered rebuying a speaker you once owned??

I am curious if any one has ever considered buying a speaker previously owned and liked, but decided to either downsize or look for a "different" type of sound. 

I ask because I purchased a pair of Acoustic Zen Adagios speakers about 5-6 years ago, and decided to downsize the system with a less heavy speaker that was easier to move around.  The Adagios were 80 lbs each.  I currently own a pair Golden Ear Technology model 7 speakers (purchased in 2014)  which are smaller and lighter at 37 lbs each. The Adagios are 50 inches tall, and the GET 7's are 40inches with a slimmer profile. 

I realize the Adagios  are almost three and a half times more expensive than GET 7's. which are $1395. They can sound very good, but I have come to realize they are not in the same league sound quality wise as AZ Adagios. and  may possibly be the best speaker I ever owned.   Of course, hindsight or hindsound is a wonderful thing.    Thanks,  SJ   

sunnyjim
dunlavy sc-V.... well first i found a pair of SC-IV As then later ran into the true rebuy of the SC-V's.   I still play around an usually have one other pair of high end speakers around, but always go back to the dunlavy
s
I thought I was alone. Did most of mine. I still have four sets of reruns in my room. Thank goodness they're all stand mounts!
Normansizemore, how much power would you recommend for the EPI 350?  I have a pair, but I've never driven them with more than 80 watts.

Roxy54, I never had any experience with the SP100, only the S100.  I prefer the 9/1 over the S100.  The bass is much better controlled.

Having relaminated my magnepan 1.4s I would buy a pair in need of repair if the price was right. Once you do the repairs once the intimidation factor is gone and the results are fantastic speakers with years of use left.