More discrete R2R Mulibit dacs.

There are many now going to the trouble of doing discrete R2R Mulitbit now that the last/latest Burr Brown PCM1704 multibit chip is no longer available "rip".

https://www.vinshineaudio.com/product-page/denafrips-terminator-r2r-dac

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
Don’t forget Metrum acoustics they are making there own chips
I think maybe you mean discrete circuits, because chips are for the big boy manufacturers to make Analogue Devices, Burr Brown, AKM, ESS ect.

Cheers George
I picked up a Denafrips Ares after my USB-only Wavelength Brick was no longer enough for the TV and other devices that I wanted the best sound quality possible out of. I've been burning it in fully before trying any comparisons, but locally some guys have Yggys, a Holo Audio Spring Lvl 3, and some other DACs. Unlike the higher-end Denafrips DACs, the Ares does not have a non-oversampling mode (I mistakenly thought it did when I purchased it, though now I'm not bothered).
At some point in the next month I'll try to get some organized comparisons of the DAC with others. I'm definitely enjoying it in my home system.
At some point in the next month I'll try to get some organized comparisons of the DAC with others. I'm definitely enjoying it in my home system.
That'll be good to hear about.

Cheers George
The Analog Devices is a chip not descrete.

auxinput
03-10-2017 5:05pm
There's always the Analog Devices AD5791 that's used in the Schiit Yggdrasil. Granted, it's only 20 bit, but it's still a true R-2R ladder. And expensive at minimum $60 a pop.