Has anyone considered rebuying a speaker you once owned??

I am curious if any one has ever considered buying a speaker previously owned and liked, but decided to either downsize or look for a "different" type of sound. 

I ask because I purchased a pair of Acoustic Zen Adagios speakers about 5-6 years ago, and decided to downsize the system with a less heavy speaker that was easier to move around.  The Adagios were 80 lbs each.  I currently own a pair Golden Ear Technology model 7 speakers (purchased in 2014)  which are smaller and lighter at 37 lbs each. The Adagios are 50 inches tall, and the GET 7's are 40inches with a slimmer profile. 

I realize the Adagios  are almost three and a half times more expensive than GET 7's. which are $1395. They can sound very good, but I have come to realize they are not in the same league sound quality wise as AZ Adagios. and  may possibly be the best speaker I ever owned.   Of course, hindsight or hindsound is a wonderful thing.    Thanks,  SJ   

sunnyjim
I miss my Ohm Fs which I bought back in 1974 and sold a couple of years later when I had to move. Tried the new Ohms a few years back and, in spite of the manufacturer's advertising, they just don't have the magic of the originals. 

Unfortunately, the original Fs are well beyond their useful life so it wouldn't have done me any good to have hung on to them for over 40 years. And there are only a few newly manufactured true Walsh driver speakers available on the market and they are very expensive. But my current listening room isn't good for omni-directional speakers so it's pretty much a moot point. 
Yes. I regretted selling my Toninan TL-D1 speakers before I packed them up for shipping. After the money was transferred, I swapped out my sofa for some lounge chairs, freeing up space, dramatically improving the sound of the room. Big mistake. But a deal is a deal so I shipped them.

Right now they are for sale here on A'gon. I'm in a place now where I just can't justify buying them back but if anyone is interested in a great set of speakers, check out the ad. There is nothing wrong with them: the owner is getting an improved (and more costly) version. They are spooky good as is.

All the best,
Nonoise
If I haven't discovered KEF LS 5o's or Fritz Grove loudspeakers....my redundant purchase would be Vandersteen 1B, or Ci, Had them in college, and I still feel like the sound is state of the art even after 28 years....newer incarnations decades later and at double the original price....STILL worth every dime.

Thank you to all who responded.  Every response is interesting informative, and confirms I am not nuts.

Of all the replies, I think member "Prof"  hits the nail on the head several times. Many of us including myself are driven by that desire to NOT only find a new sound, but also a better one.  This is not immature or off the wall ,but I think a natural consequence of this audio hobby, avocation, or obsession. 

In my own case I think I have lived with Golden Ear Technology model long enough to know their limitations and strengths. Tweaking with cables, or newer components would only yield so much improvement. Therefore, I guess I want to step up to something better, and not just marginally better. At the same time, I am not going to invest $8000 to $10,000 to find that difference ( mayber get close to that level buying used) , and if I have champagne tastes but a beer budget so be it. 

However, that may seem absurd and self defeating. I have considered Magneplanar .7 and 1.7( there is an "I" version upgrade that should be released soon). But both speakers present placement and power obstacles which can be a deciding factor. I have 100RMS BAT amp and not sure that is enough power to drive either to the volume  levels  I play ( I don't mean crazy loud) 

Nevertheless, some of us can rationalize that if I spend $26,000 for a car, why not kick in another 10K and buy a $36,000  audio system and that should (I guess) cover on my sonic or sound quality needs

To mgattmch,  I remember Gale speakers; I auditioned the pair you mentioned in 1973.  They were considered esoteric and high end  caliber at the time.like the infamous Linn Isobariks

To Stereo5    Rectilinear 3A was fine speaker and a classic. You see them sometimes on e-bay but even the best look beat up.   Thanks, SJ