What speaker cable made a major difference in the sound quality of your speakers??

I am curious what speaker cables made a big "jaw dropping difference" in the sound quality of your current speakers.  What most impressed you about the difference;  that is, overall musicality, tighter, deeper bass, midrange clarity and soundstage depth, etc.etc. 

Keep the price of the speaker cables chosen or auditioned at  between $800- $1000 or  from  $1000-$1500. Was the cable bought new or used??

Thank you,   SJ

sunnyjim
Same as Grannyring, Duelund DCA16GA per 8-10 foot speaker pairs, beats all comers that I have tried/owned. Best, mikirob
The biggest change I've ever heard with speaker cables, was when I double biwired my Vanderdteen. 2 sets of AQ Type 6's sounded much better than my $3800 Tara 2's.

Other than that, the best way to deal with cables is to properly match your components. Do that, and you won't want or need cables that make big differences.
For real low cost cables, Speltz Anticables consistently bested all that I tried until I bought some MG Audio Planus III copper ribbons.   They moved the bar well beyond anything I had heard prior.  I then bought some Amadi Maddie Signature cables that were better in most ways than the MG's.  My final cables are the Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme.  In my VMPS RM40 ribbon speakers, they are better in all ways than any I've had.  The price of an 8 ft. pair is $649, and I bought 14" jumpers for an additional $80. The MG's were $1995, plus I had Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ cables that were $1595.  The CTGE's have better transparency, fuller and better defined bass, airier highs, and the vocals were more lifelike.  This wasn't a knock your socks off difference.   Any of the last 3 cables I tried would have made me quite happy forever, had I not heard the others.  You've got to love the forum write-ups--just like reading the audio rags for giving you the itch. I'm sure there are many others that sound wonderful, also, but at the price of the CTGE's or Amadi's ($600 for 8 ft. pair), I'm not so sure.
Second the Speltz anti-cables. Because I got fine sound for a whole lot less $$. 
I have tried too many cables over the years to mention.  I don't chase cables any longer now.  I have had very expensive speaker cables $7K and one day in my system I tried a used $200 cable that was close and better for my budget.  I have also brought an Adcom interconnect torn in to for a digital cable and it bested a very higher priced cable in another persons system.  The same higher priced cable interconnects were better than what I was using at the time ( a good litz copper interconnect).  So no conclusions about what works and does not work based on price for me, just see what works in your system.

I also agree with akg_that jaw dropping - well not a chance but I did place a component in my friends system and it was a night and day difference, and that has happened twice in his system. For some reason his system really hears the changes for the better and it was the most change/improvement I have heard in any system each time.  Cannot explain why though.

Happy Listening.