What speaker cable made a major difference in the sound quality of your speakers??

I am curious what speaker cables made a big "jaw dropping difference" in the sound quality of your current speakers.  What most impressed you about the difference;  that is, overall musicality, tighter, deeper bass, midrange clarity and soundstage depth, etc.etc. 

Keep the price of the speaker cables chosen or auditioned at  between $800- $1000 or  from  $1000-$1500. Was the cable bought new or used??

Thank you,   SJ

sunnyjim
Exactly like @nutty. Same configuration for speaker cable and jumper wires. Changes were as follows:
The sound stage is much wider.
The bass is extended.
Highs were extended without being harsh.
Mid range is are much cleaner and life like.
Higher gain in the system, meaning the loudspeaker played louder at the same volume settings.

Downside - the "looks" of the Clear Day cables are not as good as the ones that were replaced.
Another tip of the hat for Paul Laudati's Clear Day Double Shotguns.  Jaw dropping?  Not sure about that.  But way better??  Definitely, yes.  At least to my ears.  Very happy with them (initially used; later new when I needed a longer run) based on use with several different amps and two different sets of speakers. Defining the improvement over the Opera Consonance Joplins I had been using - more musical might be most appropriate.  I also have Morrow Audio SP-4 speaker cable.  The SP-4s come across as more detailed but ultimately I've found myself going back to the Clear Days.  Switching from the SP-4s to the Clear Days, I'm immediately struck by a certain "relaxed" rightness that returns to the music.  As I wrote elsewhere, when I switched from the Joplins to Paul's wire, it was like the music put on 20 pounds of muscle...it became much more palpable.  I'm not someone who claims to be able to hear differences brought about by every bat-fart tweak du jour.  The effect of the Clear Days was unmistakable, however.    

I realize belatedly the Clear Days fall below your price range.  Sorry 'bout that.  On the other hand, Paul does allow for a money back trial assuming you are using a standard length.  Worth checking them out if you haven't and certainly before spending $800 or more.  You might like 'em and save yourself some dough.
I have Clear Day double-shotgun with jumpers, as said they are very good and Paul is a great guy.
BUT, at least on Acoustic Music, Audio Art SC- S5e are better on my Totem
Sig1’s , Gallo 3.5. Rega RS-1 and Meadowlark Kestrel 2’s that I have compared them both on . Considerably better.
If I listened to rock the Clear Days might of been, I don’t know. Another factor is I use AA interconnects IC-3se
so there is synergy. Sounder better than 6 K worth of MIT if that’s any help .
Both were better than Morrow Sp-6 which is not bad .
At the $1,000 ceiling, I cast another anecdotal vote for Clear Day Cable, Double Shotgun.  I used them between an EAR 890 (w/ Ei KT90's) driving some Vandersteen Quatro's, using two full runs for separated biwiring ($900 total in that config).  They replaced some Cardas Golden Reference cables at the time, and I also demoed a pair of Morrow Audio SP7's.  I never did cotton to the SP7's in my system - - they seemed really "mechanical" sounding to me.  The Clear Days also bested some DIY VH Audio CHeLa cables that I labored to build.

The Clear Days really surprised me with how much better sounding they were, much equivalent to a component upgrade.  Very coherent gestalt, imaged very well, detailed without crossing the line (in fact, seemed a tad warm - - surprising for silver?).  My overall impression was of a clearer window into the music, harmonically, "visually", and dynamically.  Their microdynamics "breath" better than the other cables I had tried.

I had to spend a crazy amount more to beat them.  At this price strata, I would absolutely give them an audition try before deciding, as you've got nothing to lose.  Paul is a real peach to deal with, too.
I agree with akg_ca 's  comments regarding the Nordost line.

Yes, Odin is ridiculously priced, but it's for those systems we wish we could afford.

Conversely, my midfi,Heimdall2/fFreyII plumbed system sounds fantastic. If you're patient and check listings, Nordost can be had for half of retail cost used.