Dac: Does anyhting beat the Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Gumby) in the same price range?

Schitt Gungnir Multibit (Gumby): Does anything beat it in the same price range?
pmboyd
I opened a thread about Museatex Bitstream being the best DAC I have heard. So, although most of you will find it odd that I am recommending a 25-year old DAC, I can say that you have to try it before you say anything. I can't believe how musical and organic this DAC is. Hard to find it though. About $400.
"I opened a thread about Museatex Bitstream being the best DAC I have heard. So, although most of you will find it odd that I am recommending a 25-year old DAC, I can say that you have to try it before you say anything. I can’t believe how musical and organic this DAC is. Hard to find it though. About $400." 

So, Have you compared to any of the dacs mentioned in this thread? If so, how do they compare?
Although I did not compare to Gungir, I have compared to other Schiit DACs such as Bifrost. I also heard DCS DACs and recently heard Gustard X20 Pro and owned various DACs including Chord Mojo. 

Bitstream is the only DAC that gives me the analog LP like sound. It is detailed but not bright. The instruments sound real. I am more into music with this DAC other than trying to criticize my system while listening. To me that is a good indication.
Celo,

Hard to imagine that a 20 yr old dac could extract the detail and realistic soundstaging that modern chips and design can accomplish! Is your Bitstream modded?
No, stock. I don't blame you. I just wanted to get a DAC that sounds like LP and after so many readings/asking, I bought the Bitstream. It sounds so good, I am also suprised by it.