Amateur inherited an audio system...

Recently I've inherited an audio system. I have no idea of what they are, I have never heard any of the brand names before, but upon checking on the internet I've found out they are somewhat high quality units. It consisted of Meridian 506 CD Player, Forte Forty-Four Pre-amp, Forte Fifty-Five Amp, Velodyne Sub and a pair of Rogers LS3/5A speakers. Some friend suggested I check out Audiogon.com, but as far as I can see most of the stuff are WAY over my head. Now that I found out about their value, my girlfriend is pressuring me to sell it, my question is.. Should I keep the system or sell it? It sounds very nice but my girlfriend keeps saying I don't need anything this fancy. Also, if I am going to sell it, is it better selling it as a system or piece-by-piece? Is eBay good for something like this? Any idea will be appreciated. Sorry for being so shallow, I really don't know much about high end audio... Thank you very much in advance.
raycc
Get someone over to set the system up properly, listen to it and see how you like it. Check into what it is worth. If you need cash more than you want to listen to music through this system sell it. Otherwise enjoy your good fortune and listen to music. You have received a very nice gift but if you don't have an appreciation for it, sell it and put it into the hands of people who will appreciate it and take the cash. It's really that simple. But certainly listen to this system properly setup or you won't know what you have. IMHO Audiogon folk will appreciate your offerings if you decide to sell more than ebay folk. I'd try A'gon first and then if it didn't sell in a reasonable period of time try ebay.
"I might not get any for a while, but at least I will have my music."

Well, when you figure that most albums last for at least 45 minutes ... and you can put on another after that ... ;-)
it seems to me that you've been given a real opportunity; whoever bequeethed you this system must have had something in mind; enjoy your opportunity--lars
For what it's worth, many years ago under pressure from my wife of three years, I sold my complete stereo system. I had all top line stuff... MacIntosh Amps/Preamps, B&O turntable, Tandberg reel-to-reel, a pair of Klispschorn designed folded horn speakers, etc.

I dearly loved my music, but she hated having music ANYWHERE in the house and at ANY volume. Too, the speakers were fairly large (approx. 30wx30dx40t) and those "...had to go because we had no place to put them." However, the speakers were hand-built by my father just for me and they meant a lot to me. As often happens, the stupid husband, trying to appease the wife, caves in.

Years later, I divorced the wife for other reasons... though these things could be loosely related... only in how this reflects her selfish nature.

At any rate, I really wish I still had those speakers, but they're gone forever. I wish now that I had told the wife to stick it... I'm keeping the speakers!!

Just ones man's story, and again... FWIW.