Tube dampeners on ARC gear ... FREE TWEAK

Here's a cheap (free) tweak for owners of ARC gear using the black tube dampeners. If you move both dampeners as far up toward the top of the tube as possible without having the top one fall off, taking care that both dampeners are solidly touching each other, you will get better dynamics, bass, mids, highs and a lower noise floor. Try it ... you'll like it.
128x128oregonpapa
Hi Frank
thx for giving it a shot and being so great!  It's you that's the reason we're trying this stuff to begin with (starting this great discussion). 
Ive used many disc mats over the years especially versions from Marigo. My current drive -PS Audio's stupendous DMP has made me rethink using mats. I've not felt the need for one since introducing this into my system. 
All the best
Richard

Richard ...

I didn't get around to changing the position of the dampeners today, so nothing to report at this time.  I'll give it a go in the morning and report back.

Frank
I always listen to my system while enjoying the morning coffee. Home roasted coffee, using only organically grown beans on small family owned farms, of course. We audiophiles have other obsessions too, ya know. *lol*

Okay, so before this morning’s listening session, I moved all of the Herbies dampeners up to where the "getters" are. The result? More overall clarity in the presentation. Thanks to Richard and geoffkait for the suggestion. Very nice, guys.

If anyone reading this is interested in getting into home roasting their coffee, here’s the site to visit:

www.sweetmarias.com

Excellent service. Excellent coffee from around the world. Yes, its a bother ... but its akin to converting from solid state to tubes. Once there you will never go back. :-) If you want my suggestions on roasting equipment, feel free to ask.

Now back to the listening session ...

Frank