Dac: Does anyhting beat the Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Gumby) in the same price range?

Schitt Gungnir Multibit (Gumby): Does anything beat it in the same price range?
pmboyd
You can't beat the unit at the asking price.  You for sure can improve the dac chip.  I believe Analog Devices makes an improve version of this dac chip ( you have to check, i might be wrong). But doesn't hurt to check?  If the dac chip has an adaptor, you can do a quick swap with the improve chips.  Happy Listening! 
I auditioned the Gungnir Multibit and PS Audio NuWave DSD in my system. Both are very dynamic but I preferred the PS Audio due to its more organic and natural presentation of classical music. It uses a  programable chip similar to the high-end PS Audio DACs, plus it will accept hirez.

A used Ayre Codex.
I bought the Gungnir (non multibit), and the Ayre was better, not a huge difference, but it sounded tighter and more coherent, and a nicer soundstage. Also, a little more 'natural'.
I'll probably have it upgraded soon (they seem to be having a backlog at the moment). 
Some have said the Yggy and the Codex are almost identical in reproduction quality.
B
How do you like it ? That's the only thing that counts.  Try it, see if you like it and decide for yourself, if it can be beat for the money.
"Try it" is sage advice of course... except for the fact that it's both time consuming and brutally expensive without narrowingly down the field!