Best produced rock albums.........

There is nothing as satisfying as listening to a masterfully produced album. I'm looking to add to my collection of masterfully produced rock CDs. Current favs : Tom Petty Highway Companion, John Mayers Continuum, Third Eye Blind - title, ZZ Tops XXX, etc. Please suggest other rock albums that are you favorites.
128x128mikeelzeysguitarstudio
dgarretson - I've heard about 1/2 of those recordings...............I'll have to check out the other half! BTW - Gyns book was quite an interesting read......especially his recounting his time on the road with the Stones. Thank you, cheers.
Glyn Johns' body of work is incredible. In recent years, I have admired Steven Wilson's (from Porcupine Tree) mastering work. He has handled the remastering for many of the classic prog releases including ELP, Yes, King Crimson, and Jethro Tull. I think the "Aqualung" 40th anniversary releaseĀ is great and Chicago II is fun as well. Not compressed at all. I also think that Todd Rundgren has don some excellent production work for other artists.
Speaking of Todd Rundgren, he produced (and played on) an amazing album for Hall and Oates, War Babies. Masterful production.

Yes--Close to the Edge

Loggins & Messina--Full Sail

Most James Taylor in the last 20 years...rock?

Iron Butterfly--Metamorphosis

Chicago II and III

Cold Blood--Thriller

and a couple maybes....I'll have to give another listen:

Fleetwood Mac--Future Games

ZZ Top--Eliminator