Are there any $1500 tube preamps that that can compare with Tubes4hifi's SP14?

Reviews on the Tubes4hifi's SP14 are consistently positive and so many people are blown away by them.  I haven't heard one but I want one. I want to upgrade and would like to know if there other ones that can hold up against the SP14 at the $1500 price point. 
amritash
Just a comment on the advice to use a DAC instead of a preamp. Didn't work for me. The sound with the preamp was far superior. (ModWright 9.0SE and PS Audio Directstream DAC)
I got one of Don's first preamps.  It was fantastic, bettering my HK, CJ, Modwright, Berning, and any preamp I had had.  His latest iteration of the preamp is significantly better than his prototype, and I have had all the upgrades.   There is magic in 6SN7 tubes, as Don will tell you, and in my long life as an audiophile, I am simply in awe of the performance of his amp.  His KT88-based amp will no doubt be every bit as fine.  Don is a prince of guy to deal with, too.  Mark

The Audible Illusions Modulus 3a as an upgrade to your own 2 might do the the trick.  I've heard it in a good system driving a tube amp (Musical Reference?) and the imaging was to die for.  Of course, the owner knew his stuff and had the system well set up.
Another fine preamp would be a restored Audio Research SP-6b.  One of the finest preamps ever made....they sell for around $1000 in good shape, and usually only require a capacitor (and sometimes resistor) upgrade.  Plus perhaps $70 worth of new Chinese 12AX7's.
You might consider Tubes4HiFi's SP-13, which is a noval version of the SP-14, uses 6CG7 tubes. It didn't acquire the following that the -14 has and I believe is no longer advertised, but I have owned both and the -13's sound is every bit as good as the -14. Roy may have a few boards left for the -13 and perhaps even a full kit you could get on the cheap. If your choice comes down to either, by all means upgrade the caps and they'll blow you away.