Are there any $1500 tube preamps that that can compare with Tubes4hifi's SP14?

Reviews on the Tubes4hifi's SP14 are consistently positive and so many people are blown away by them.  I haven't heard one but I want one. I want to upgrade and would like to know if there other ones that can hold up against the SP14 at the $1500 price point. 
amritash
"The leap between the Mod Squad and the Audible Illusions in sound quality was monumental.  It changed the experience entirely. I love what I'm hearing."

I thought you were using the AI.

"I thought that the preamp had such a huge influence  that it would be the piece to continue to build upon."

In my opinion, the preamp is the most important piece to get right, assuming you made no major mistakes with your other components. Every component contributes to imaging and spacial presentation, so when I was looking your system over, I picked the components that were most likely the weakest in this area.

" So, if I was to swap out the preamp I have or the amp that I have, I would think a 1500 preamp vs. a 1500 (I could go up to 2k on that because the Bryston I wouldn't keep) amp would get me the bigger reward in improved sound."

You're over simplifing the issue. The biggest 2 mistakes you can make are using cost as a measure of quality and going with tubes because you assume they're better. System matching is far more important than price or design. In my own system I use $2500 speakers and have a pair of $10,000 sitting in my closet collecting dust. Tubes guarantee nothing. My advice would to be listen to a component and judge it based on sound quality. If it happens to be tube, fine. But if a SS components sounds better, then that's the one you should buy.
Just a comment on the advice to use a DAC instead of a preamp. Didn't work for me. The sound with the preamp was far superior. (ModWright 9.0SE and PS Audio Directstream DAC)
I got one of Don's first preamps.  It was fantastic, bettering my HK, CJ, Modwright, Berning, and any preamp I had had.  His latest iteration of the preamp is significantly better than his prototype, and I have had all the upgrades.   There is magic in 6SN7 tubes, as Don will tell you, and in my long life as an audiophile, I am simply in awe of the performance of his amp.  His KT88-based amp will no doubt be every bit as fine.  Don is a prince of guy to deal with, too.  Mark

The Audible Illusions Modulus 3a as an upgrade to your own 2 might do the the trick.  I've heard it in a good system driving a tube amp (Musical Reference?) and the imaging was to die for.  Of course, the owner knew his stuff and had the system well set up.
Another fine preamp would be a restored Audio Research SP-6b.  One of the finest preamps ever made....they sell for around $1000 in good shape, and usually only require a capacitor (and sometimes resistor) upgrade.  Plus perhaps $70 worth of new Chinese 12AX7's.