Are there any $1500 tube preamps that that can compare with Tubes4hifi's SP14?

Reviews on the Tubes4hifi's SP14 are consistently positive and so many people are blown away by them.  I haven't heard one but I want one. I want to upgrade and would like to know if there other ones that can hold up against the SP14 at the $1500 price point. 
amritash
The Audible Illusions Modulus 3a as an upgrade to your own 2 might do the the trick.  I've heard it in a good system driving a tube amp (Musical Reference?) and the imaging was to die for.  Of course, the owner knew his stuff and had the system well set up.
Another fine preamp would be a restored Audio Research SP-6b.  One of the finest preamps ever made....they sell for around $1000 in good shape, and usually only require a capacitor (and sometimes resistor) upgrade.  Plus perhaps $70 worth of new Chinese 12AX7's.
You might consider Tubes4HiFi's SP-13, which is a noval version of the SP-14, uses 6CG7 tubes. It didn't acquire the following that the -14 has and I believe is no longer advertised, but I have owned both and the -13's sound is every bit as good as the -14. Roy may have a few boards left for the -13 and perhaps even a full kit you could get on the cheap. If your choice comes down to either, by all means upgrade the caps and they'll blow you away. 
You might want to check out Brown Audio Labs.  I currently have Denny's SP-2B model which uses 9 pin tuned plus has a ballance control.  It is very good.  A few years ago I had an Audio Research SP8 which was beautiful ounding but had very little base reproduction.  It was restored by Audio Research themself with ne tubes.  My Brown Audio Labs model is truly exceptional for the money.  Plus it's phono section is it's best festure by fsr.  Oh yes, it cost me only $1194, which included shipping.
harrylavo is most likely referring to the Music Reference (rather than Musical Reference) RM-9 amplifier, a very-well regarded EL34 based amp. Roger Modjeski of Music Reference is making custom pre-amps now, so you might want to check with him to see what he's offering.