Anyone with a high-end home theater sans sub?

Is anyone else out there enjoying a high-end home theater without the contributions of a subwoofer, e.g. 7.0?

I always planned on getting one (partly because folks selling speakers say I need one), but enjoy what I've got enough to question spending another $2-$5K on a sub(s) for the deep bass extension.

(As a reference, I have Aerial 8b's, 2 pair of SR-3's, CC3b, Meridian 568v1 processor, and Theta Dreadnaught amp.)
quicke
First of all johnmcelfresh, your Meridian DSP8000's HAVE POWERED SUBS BUILT INTO THE SPEAKER! (what, like 6 8" ACTIVE woofers?). Essentially (no, correction, DEFINITELY!) your speakers are high end active minimonitors sitting on a powered bass module! So, dude?...I hate to tell ya, but you have some subs in your system! Just as the Infinity Prelude MTS and NHT modular series speakers are towers sitting on bass modules, so are the Meridian 8000's. So,your speakers are no different!

However, that said your speakers (subs!!) don't put out 118db at 18hz, I garantee it! Infact,they won't do 118db anywhere near down that low! 118db is an average of the speakers frequency response, probably around 1k! I'd bet you money your speakers won't do 118db bellow 30hz!!!
I ran a pair of Infinity Kappa 9 speakers in a home theater setup. The room was 22 ft by 70 ft. No sub was needed. The Kappas have two 12" woofers per tower. A subwoofer would have been overkill.
No way the Meridian will do 118 db at 18Hz. I could do that with my old system but it had 32 12" woofers. I ran that for quite some time and still miss my old speakers (Infinity IRS V mains, IRS Betas for surrounds and IRS Gamma for a center channel) but it is a rare system that doesn't need a sub.

Certainly there are more people who think they don't need a sub than ones who actually don't need a sub.
I don't suppose adding a sub in my small room would even generate clean signals that low beecause the room is too small for those frequencies to form correctly, am I right? That is why in my room; 5 full range 5200's sounds better then when I had only 3 full range (8000's and 5500hc) up front. If I have crunching bass now, I worry that a sub will just muddle things up.