No playback from my MacBook Pro to Bricasti M1

My digital front end consist of a Sim Neo 260D transport via balanced AES cable and a MacBook Pro via USB into a Bricasti M1 DAC. Until very recently everything worked great, but now I can't get any playback via the MacBook Pro (cd works perfectly). I tried a different AES cable without any result. 

The M1 no longer recognizes the M1, thus sound only comes out of the MacBook pro's own internal speakers which obviously isn't what I'm looking for. Said another way, the M1 no longer shows up on the MacBook pro's list of available devices.

Anyone encounter this sort of issue? I've reached out to Bricasti and await their response but in the interim- HELP! Your thoughts are appreciated! 
128x128zavato
Your Macbook Pro probably reset to the external speakers. It happened to me a long time ago. If I remember you go into the Macbook audio settings and set it appropriately.

Went into system preferences then sound on the MacBook Pro - it's not letting me do anything but the internal speakers 

Checking out the specs of the M1 online there appears to be a Toslink/optical input. Have you tried going from the Macbook to the M1 via a miniToslink to Toslink cable from the headphone/optical jack, or tried a different USB cable if that's your preferred way to link the two?
Apple O/S system updates often cause this problem. One of the many reasons I was happy to get the Mac out of my system.
Try disconnecting the cable, rebooting both devices and then reconnecting the cable. Go back to Sound and see if it reappears in the list. If that doesn't work, call Apple support because it could be a hidden file that got corrupted or something similar that you'd never find on your own. Worst case you will have to reinstall your O/S. Frustrating stuff! Cheers,
Spencer