And B&K owners here?

I have the ST 140 (105 w version) powering my ZU Omen Defs. Great low end and very smooth, non fatiguing mids and highs. More than enough power ( my Zus are 101 Db efficient). 

Although I love the amp, I will be upgrading this year. I’m thinking of a new Yamaha AS2100 or a used MAC. I want SS.

I thought about the Musical Concepts B&K upgrade, but figured I should go newer.

I heard a Yamaha as2100 a while back with the standard Omens and was taken back how deep and wide the music sounded. It was fantastic.

I’ll hang on to my B&K for a second system. I had a custom faceplate made so it would fit in cabinet.

Just curious how how others like their B&K amps and what they upgraded to?

aberyclark
Loved my B&K ST-140! Bought it n 1985 and sold it here on AG in 2012. If I had it now I would consider talking to Musical Concepts regarding a refurbish and/or mod.  
The EX442 is 200 into 8, 360 into 4 with 75 amps peak to peak, while the ST140 was only 105 wpc and 28 amps I think.  The EX442 just sounded much beefier.  I had them at 2 different times so I couldn't A/B them.  When I sold the EX442, I immediately hooked up a pair of custom Paoli M70's (60 wpc - 8417 monoblocks) and immediately remarked that it was extremely difficult to tell the two amps apart.  The EX442 Sonata is that tubey sounding.

Which is better?  I think its all about system synergy and the speakers you are using.  Both are great amps & there are many who think that the lowest powered amp in a mnfr's lineup sounds best because there are less outputs in the amp.  Many think power corrupts (I'm talking hifi here, not politics :)
Thanks for info. I thought about the Musical Concepts mod, BUT, I'm still thinking new amp. The new Yamahas really look appealing to me. I can catch a refurbished SR2100 for about $2500 on Assesories4less. It's just waiting for one to pop up. The SR3000 really looks nice, but for $6000 + we are looking at McIntosh territory. I know I could get a vintage MAC for $2500 -$3000, but I think I'll go new
Boy, give my $2500-3000, I'd put together a system that just cooks McIntosh and Yamaha
I have a B&K ST2140, a later more powerful version of the ST140, which was paired with Mirage FRX-7s and a B&K PRO-10MC. A lovely amp, I "upgraded" to an Aragon 8008BB, exploring "neutral, clean" sound with Vandersteen 2CEs, still with the PRO-10MC on pre duties. 8008BB aids with the discipline of the bass for sure. Not warm, accurate. Better detail, soundstage, so I guess I've moved away from tubey. Currently considering Schiit Freya as pre upgrade. So much to learn, trying to internalize importance of room interaction with system and that more $ is not necessarily better.  I wouldn't do the B&K soup-up route. Nothing against that company, though, know nothing about them. I had a 1967 Scott Stereomaster partially restored. While it's more reliable now, not sure it sounds much better. I know that's not a fair comparison, but the experience has pushed me to go under the hood myself, building confidence and learning about the wonders of audio. I repair job that I paid a tech $237 for cost me about $20 doing it myself on another unit. I know they are selling their amp soup-up expertise, but it just seems to be swapping out higher quality parts. Better to buy a newer unit with a great reputation with the parts the designer intended to have.  Then again. I don't have experience with modded units, so I don't wish to disparage.