Have you ever tried a pair of speakers and said this Is the last thing I will ever need.

Hi Audiogoners have you you ever had a local dealer that is so pashonet about audio. That they let you bring in your system for fun and try a $10 000speakers. And you have been to every other local dealers shows and listened to $400 000 and above systems. And then tried a pair of speakers and had so much synergy with your budget system and said omg. This blows all other systems I heard for a fraction of the cost of most others? And have been always happy with that pair of speakers and your system for the rest of your life?

Please share your experience"
128x128jakecanada
I was a dealer for TAD a few years ago and still have the CR1'S.   I can't imagine ever getting rid of them even if I move to another speaker.  I augmented them with subs and super tweeters but I don't often comeback from an audio show and think I've heard something that surpasses them, or even comes close.  They're not for everyone but to me they present music the way I hear it live and up close- unamplified.  
However I'm tempted by Magico's and soundlabs.  
Yes!!  I had many expensive and varied cutting edge speakers.  Around 2004 I was living in a small condo for temporary housing between homes.  Enter the Totem Forest Loudspeakers.  Gave them up when I moved to our new home.  They haunted me ever since so....I finally got the new Totem Forest Signatures and I have found my happy place again except they are vastly superior to my old Forest's.
To all the fortunate posters above, it's great to hear those who picked the right speaker. All different, but each music lover completely satisfied. 
Zu Def IVs here. Three years in and I walk up those stairs to go to bed after staying up too late, still amazed.
When you ran out of cash to chase the 'bleeding edge', and stopped...

When the spouse said no, and it was cheaper to keep her....

When your ears finally couldn't discern any tangible difference anymore...

When you finally decided to listen to the music over the equipment...

I could go on...but the choir has already lost interest.... ;)