Legacy Aeris and amplification.

What is the best amplifier for the Legacy Aeris?
tmcdade
Thanks....those AVMs are fine amps; you cannot go wrong stepping up the 8.2 though. It would be helpful to know what you are looking to achieve in terms of sound changes before you decide upon an amplification direction to take. The Raven's, Esoteric, McIntosh, Ayon and other amps are all fine direction but some guidance from you as to what you are wanting to achieve is needed.

If you are using the XILICA processor (I was for quite some time), trust me when I tell you paying the upgrade to Wavelet and using its RoomEQ will be a very smart 1st-choice.

Can you tell us more about your system,...cables, types of music, what you are looking to improve, etc....? I will be out and about over the weekend; will respond as soon as possible.
I am taking your advice and going with the Wavelet. My dealer has one in stock and he is coming by today for the install. I will update you when I get a break from family and work. Thanks again for taking the time to talk with me.

Todd

Anytime! You will really appreciate what the Wavelet can do for RoomEQ; best I've ever heard for that functionality.  I used my Wavelet only for it's RoomEQ, not as a pre-amp; how will you be using it in your system?

A few tips;

- when running RoomEQ analysis, have the mic 4 foot away, aimed right at the middle of the tweeter/super-tweeter module....
- always set the DAC option to Apodizing regardless of how you utilize the unit
- after RoomEQ setup is run make sure the RoomEQ option is then to set 'On'
- Under Presets, always make sure you utilize 'Expand1'; it may seem counter-intuitive but choosing 'Linear' basically defeats the room correction bass if memory serves viz. something I was told by Legacy. Expand1 should be the default in the latest firmware but i always checked it
- I never found it necessary to alter any of the Trims, etc...for my room after RoomEQ analyzed it and computed the proper target function
- I utilized XLR inputs at all times though I've heard the other inputs and was very impressed
- I always utilized 0-trim on the dip switches in the fact; that proved to be best for my SS amp, your mileage will vary but I'd start with 0-trims and go from there....

Questions, let me know via PM or here...

Zephyr24069,

Really sad to hear that you had to sell your speakers due to WAF. All joking aside, I think that there are way to many inconsiderate wives and husbands out there who don't respect the interests of their spouses.

I clearly recall how excited you were when you first got those speakers. In the end, I think that a satisfied partner is more important than the appearance of your living room within reason.