Sony Qualia 004 projector-How well does it work?

I am considering this projector for my new HT. I will use a 100" perforated fixed screen. I prefer to select this project rather then wait, because our home will be finished by the end of October. Thanks
electrostaticman
I visited with a Sony representative today. I questioned if this unit was possed for an upgrade soon. The rep said that she heard sony was going to go to the 1080p chip set this fall. I told her what my interest was and time table and she agreed to find out specificaly when this unit would be ready for sale. She called back after attending a sales meeting and said she had been mistaken that there were no immediate plans to show-case this new unit. I guess we may find out this September at the Indiana CEDIA show. Has anyone heard differant? Of course this sony representative said there was no need to add a processing unit.

Cinematic_systems how much is the Immersive Technology Simmetry processing unit?
I think $7K or $8K, but I am not sure.

Give Immersive a call is the only thing I can tell you.

That 1080P chip has been on the horizon for awhile. I'm not sure anyone knows to be fair to the rep.
A single chip option vs the 3-chip Qualia. Is there any single chip HD front projector out their worth looking at in place of the higher cost Qualia 004?
Very well ideed. This is the first video devise that gave me the same sensation I experienced the first time I heard true high end audio. The colors were absolutlely amazing. That coupled with a (previously unseen by me) depth of image, left me dropped jaw. Purchas price, maintance cost, suitable room and ancilleries make this an appropriate purchase for well heelded enthusiats only.
I would wait.
It's a first generation.
Was going to purchase it myself until I found out that the SECOND generation is gonna be offered soon as regular XBR 60" sets for around 4K.
Even the Sony Tech guy I know things the projector is a little "buggy".