Van Alstine Trans 10RB vs. Freya Schiit. Which do you prefer and why??

Looks like they're in the same league, pricewise. But how about soundwise? Anyone have any experience with these two head to head or on their own?

Thanks.

SD

shtinkydog
wout:  im happy for you in that the freya totally blew you mind.  i'm sold on it. i'll be ordering mine very soon.   fantastic report!!! thanks!
@mechans, a belated reply.
In another thread, I bemoaned the fact that Schiit doesn't provide any information relative to sound benefits of their products. Which seems counter-productive, to me.
@shtinkydog, I don't think you will be disappointed in any of the Schiit products. I own 2 of their DAC's and couldn't be happier. Well maybe if had 2-3 times the money to spend.
Bob
gdnrbob: ive read a lot of good stuff about the schiit dacs. but where I can really use some improvement is in the pre-amp.  perhaps later on the dac.   thanks!
wout31-
Good to read your positive comments.  Have now had my Freya for two weeks and have somewhere in the range of 75 - 100 hours on it.  In my system gain differences between pure passive and JFET are minor compared to tube mode.  Apart from gain, I do find sonic differences between the modes somewhat subtle.  While tube mode does not strike me as fatiguing at all (some further hours for your tubes to "burn in"?), I, like you, prefer it for vinyl.  Am using JFET for digital sources.  Sonics from all modes are very good to my ear.  

You might be interested in this Schiit Freya thread at HeadFi:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/832177/schiit-freya-impressions-and-tube-rolling-thread