Disaster

While I am in the hospital recovering from a hip operation, my wife tells there was a fire in my music room and all the components are covered in soot.
Does anyone know if equipment is recoverable after being covered by soot?
This is a vintage system with many modifications and can't be replaced

128x128rvpiano
I would be concerned about the cause of the fire.  Did it start with the stereo system?  If so, there may be irreparable electrical damage.  As some one else said, soot is one thing, but heat from the fire is a real damaging event.  Heal up, good luck. 
Thank you for our good wishes. I'm doing better.
The fire started in the furnace room itself -- no flames just smoke.

i just found out that all of my thousands of CDs and LP's may not be recoverable  because of the soot.
A total wipeout of my musical life!
The components are in the hands of an electronics restorer. No word yet on whether they are salvageable.
The insurance should cover monetary losses.  But how do you replace thousands of LP's or a vintage stereo system?
rvpiano, just wondering how the soot got within the lp covers and cd cases?
You know, I'm not sure about the CDs, but the record covers are exposed to the air and the soot.
They are telling me that it infiltrates the CD covers too.
I will have to see for myself.

But how do you replace thousands of LP's or a vintage stereo system?
Who cares, especially when you factor in the fact that no one was hurt or killed in the fire. LPs and stereo equipment are just "stuff" that can be replaced.  Consider yourself lucky.