Best female vocal recording on CD?

i am a sucker for great warm rich smooth female vocalists, especially on tube gear and speakers that image well. but i am almost always faced with a great voice/song but a sonically inferior recording (examples too numerous to list) or a great recording of a mediocre voice.  rickie lee jones (pop pop) comes to mind- fab recording, but come on lets be honest about her voice. however, i will almost always pick great recordings and leave the bad recordings for the car.

so i am asking for what you use as a reference female vocal recording/track. right now i come back tp bonnie raitt "you cant make me love you" from luck of the draw.  big, warm, strong voice. not a perfect recording. but hmmmm that voice.

my only requirement is it has to be on CD. and we all know of great vinyl that did not translate into great CDs.  so help me out here, what should be my next music purchase 
meiatflask
@glennewdick -- good pick with Ruth Moody

Check out her work with the Wailin' Jennys (this is "Arlington" from "40 days")

And while your at it try Heather Masse (another member of the Jennys) with Dick Hyman

Post removed 
Madeleine Peyroux, "Half the Perfect World" cd
Lizz Wright, "Dreaming Wide Awake" cd
For a single cut from "Lost On The River, The New Basement Tapes", Rhiannon Giddens singing "Lost On The River #20". Hauntingly beautiful to my ears!